Merlin's Magic Wand and the SEA LIFE Trust are two fast-growing global charities that have a huge positive impact on children’s lives and marine wildlife respectively. We’re both partnered with Merlin Entertainments - the name behind world famous attraction brands including LEGOLAND, SEA LIFE, Alton Towers Resort and Thorpe Park.
We are offering an excellent opportunity to play a key role in the growth of these two organisations as we are looking for an experienced Head of Charity Finance Operations to provide oversight and strategic leadership of the financial management and governance of both charities as they continue to grow and expand and increase impact across the world.
Key objectives of this role are to…
Provide oversight and strategic leadership to ensure the charities' continued and on-going financial health and put structures in place to meet future growth needs.
- Provide oversight of the financial and legal affairs of the charities, ensuring all financial activities are carried out in compliance with statutory, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Building and maintaining good relationships with network of Finance Directors across Merlin, promote and guide commercial awareness, identifying, advising and directing on effective growth opportunities.
- Ensure strong governance and robust internal practices and culture to minimise risk to the charities.
We are looking for the following skills and experience…
- You will be a fully qualified accountant with experience of both Financial and Management Accounting within a global charity context.
- Strong understanding of charity operations and policies coupled with an understanding of factors affecting performance.
- Strong systems skills to manipulate and present data effectively.
- Able to prioritise, work under pressure, planning and managing tasks ensuring costs are maintain under control.
- Practical understanding of accounting systems, ideally including Navision.
Ability to present and negotiate at all levels.
We’re growing fast and alongside a fun and friendly environment, we offer a fabulous package and amazing prospects – ideal if you’re already fantastic and can quickly become even better (our magic can help here). Benefits include Pension, Life Assurance, discretionary company bonus, 25 days’ holiday and, of course, a Merlin Magic Pass which gives you and your friends and family free admission to all of our attractions worldwide, as well as 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants and 40% discount on LEGO.