Sebastian's Action Trust is a registered charity providing specialist respite holidays and practical and emotional support to seriously-ill children and their families. We walk alongside families of life-limited and seriously-ill children from diagnosis, through treatment and beyond.
The charity was formed in 2004 to fulfil the last wish of nine-year-old Sebastian Gates to build a holiday home that would give other children a chance to enjoy precious time with their families. Our respite holiday house, The Bluebells, opened in July 2011and is now welcoming families with very sick children from all over the country. Although The Bluebells remains at the core of our charitable activity, since 2004 we have developed an outreach service across Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire and Surrey, which is supported by additional specialists in childcare, finance and welfare, wellbeing and bereavement. Ever increasing demand for our services has led us to replicate our model in Berkshire, where we are currently completing a second outreach/respite centre, called The Woodlands.
We are also committed to a programme of practical support, helping families in the community in a variety of different ways; including transportation to and from specialist hospitals, equipment provision, well-being therapies for parents and support for siblings.
We are looking for an experienced Major Donor Manager!
As Major Donor Manager you will take on the rewarding challenge of developing a major giving strategy at Sebastian’s Action Trust to maximise opportunities for high-net-worth individuals and legacy giving. Sebastian’s Action Trust benefits from a loyal supporter base with the potential to develop an even greater pipeline of donors who are capable of making transformational gifts. We are looking for someone to develop a major giving programme which will encourage and enable major donors to invest in our charity in a way which brings them great satisfaction and makes a very real difference to the lives of our beneficiaries. This role provides a wonderful opportunity for you to join a highly reputable and successful organisation in a varied and interesting role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and deliver a new major donor development strategy to secure significant (five and six figure) gifts from individuals.
- Identify, cultivate and secure income, stewarding relationships to deliver maximum long-term impact and income through effective personal relationship management of major donors.
- Develop strong and enduring relationships with current and potential major donors.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders (including senior management) to create compelling, relevant and tailored funding proposals.
- Design and develop a targeted contact strategy and bespoke cultivation plan.
- Support the development of a suite of philanthropic events/campaigns with the wider fundraising team to provide new cultivation and stewardship opportunities.
- Develop and maintain adequate major donor records, using the organisation’s database.
- Contribute to the development of the organisation’s overall fundraising strategic plan, working in support of the Senior Management Team.
Skills Knowledge – Essential
- Extensive experience of major donor fundraising, including at least three years in major donor fundraising management.
- Strong knowledge of, and successful track record in, delivering significant new income through personal approaches to major donor prospects.
- Experience of operating in a target-driven environment and of pro-actively leading a successful major donor programme achieving sustained income growth.
- Proven track record of personally soliciting high value gifts from major donors and of developing long-term relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate confidently with senior colleagues, stakeholders and donors.
- Excellent networking, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Excellent organisation skills with demonstrable experience of working flexibly to deadlines.
- IT literate with the ability to use Microsoft Office and database systems (e.g. - Raiser’s Edge/eTapestry).
- Experience of arranging events and of stewarding high profile meetings with senior colleagues, stakeholders and donors.
- Understanding and familiarity of Safeguarding Children and Young People, Data Protection, Health and Safety and Gift Aid.
- A commitment to Equal Opportunities with an understanding of, and passion for, the mission of Sebastian’s Action Trust.
- Educated to degree level or possess a relevant qualification or appropriate experience in a directly related post.
Skills Knowledge – Highly Desirable
- A good understanding of brand management, marketing and PR.
- Familiarity with the Institute of Fundraising Codes of Practice.
- Numerate with the ability to develop and manage detailed income and expenditure budgets.
- Professional fundraising qualification.
If this sounds like you then we would be delighted to receive your application.
- Part time would be considered for the right candidate (minimum 22.5 hrs per week)
- Location: Based from our Head Office in Crowthorne, Berkshire with some travelling to The Bluebells in Hampshire. Elements of flexible working may be considered.
Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter outlining the skills and experience you could bring to the post by 5pm on Friday 11th June. Initial interviews will be held via Zoom week commencing 14th June 2021 with final panel interviews being held at The Woodlands in Berkshire week commencing 21st June 2021.
If you haven’t heard from us within 1 weeks of the closing date, please assume your application hasn’t been successful on this occasion.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.