Position: Programme Lead – Creating Connections (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Contract: 6 months contract
Salary: £46,520 – pro-rata 6 months (Total salary for contract period £23,260)
Location: Remote working, although travel is expected and the post holder will also be expected to attend meetings at the central office in Epsom, Surrey, as and when required.
Sector: SeeAbility, Charity, social care
About the role
At SeeAbility, our vision is for inclusive communities where people with sight loss, autism, and learning disabilities participate as equal citizens. However, Covid-19 is having a profound impact, often leaving people with disabilities feeling isolated and alone.
This role will lead on the design and delivery of Creating Connections, a 6-month programme to support people with learning disabilities, autism and sight loss who are most at risk of loneliness because of the pandemic, to build and strengthen their social connections.
You will work rapidly to launch the programme so that it can develop and scale targeted, contact-free peer connections, volunteer support, training and resources at a time when this is vitally needed and with added capacity from Learning Disability England (LDE) and their network of members.
This programme is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund Coronavirus Community Support Fund, which is supported by The Office for Civil Society.
Main Duties and Responsibilities.
- Undertake a needs assessment to understand the impact of loneliness on people with learning disabilities, autism and sight loss, ensuring people with lived experience are actively involved in the co-design and delivery of the programme as equal partners.
- Work in collaboration with Learning Disability England (LDE), to respond rapidly to this situation by developing the Creating Connections programme delivery plan, which identifies key partners, priority objectives, activities and timescales that will meet urgent beneficiary needs.
- Work closely with colleagues and external partners to develop/assemble a digital suite of accessible information and training resources to promote digital inclusion.
- Manage and support the Creating Connections Volunteer Manager by setting their objectives and work plan, and monitoring their progress.
- Lead and manage programme delivery in accordance with the delivery plan and agreed budget.
- Allocate programme resources effectively, including managing the timely distribution of onward grants / payments to LDE, their members and other delivery partners.
- Convene a steering group with representatives from LDE and their members, and people with lived experience to feedback on the programme delivery and progress towards outcomes.
- Lead on designing monitoring and evaluation systems for the programme and work with LDE to design monitoring and reporting structures for the delivery of Creating Connections in communities.
- Compile programme evaluation reporting that complies with requirements set out by the National Lottery Community Fund.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.