Registered Nurse RGN or RNLD (Can be newly qualified)
Are you one of the following?
- A newly qualified nurse looking to start your career in an exciting specialist environment?
- A Band 5 nurse with experience looking to specialise in Learning disabilities and develop your existing skills while gaining an abundance of new competencies?
- A nurse looking to support individuals though their whole journey and see the difference you make to the people in your care every day.
- An experienced nurse looking to develop leadership and management opportunities to help support your career trajectory?
Why not come and join our team of amazing nurses and be part of a one of a kind nursing led centre for young adults with Juvenile Batten Disease and other life limiting conditions. We know it takes a very special person to care for young adults facing degenerative conditions. We’re looking for nurses with dedication, compassion, humour and real strength of character that can make a difference in Heather Houses 16-bed home in Tadley near Basingstoke.
The Home has been designed around the needs of our young people and their families. In fact, many young people who have lived at Heather house contributed design and colour schemes for the interior of the home. Offering comprehensive and specialist care, the home has a great support team wrapped around it including physios, speech therapists, specialist teams and support workers all who work together collaboratively to make sure it’s a safe, comfortable and fun place to live and work.
Once you join us you won’t want to leave many of our nurses have more than 10 years’ service! Why? Heather House is a unique environment where you help people achieve what they didn’t think was possible one minute, to helping a resident and their family through the last days at the end of their life. The young people we support are not short stay and as such you get to build a great rapport with them and their families. Why not pop down and see it and feel it for yourself, we guarantee you will want to stay.
Our nurses think outside the box, get to truly know the people we support and dig deeper into finding out different ways of improving their lives.
- Our nurses assess and deliver health care and support to a core group of 8 individuals on a daily basis, and are Named Nurse to a maximum of 3 individuals
- Your support will include the management of gastrostomy devices, nasogastric tubes, indwelling catheters, nebuliser and oxygen therapy as well as complex nutritional, postural, psychological, palliative and end of life support.
- You will work on a rotational shift basis, including alternate weekends but no nights!
- As part of the senior team, planning, implementing and evaluating all aspects of support and health care, enabling each individual to enjoy a full and active life.
- You will be a role model to other staff, mentor, advise and support the development of all workers ensuring consistent standards are maintained at all times.
Quote from a current Nurse of ours.
“I saw the job on Indeed and knew this was the job for me. Having done placements at University, my passion was within a nursing home. After researching Juvenile Batons Disease and the Home & Company, I was convinced, due gaining new skills and experience with rare condition, Heather House was the right position and also the activities and facilities evidenced at Heather House were amazing. And even during COVID due to the facilities, the people we support would still be able to enjoy activities”
What’s in it for you!
So the elephant in the room, we can’t offer the NHS pension but what we can offer is pretty awesome. Here are the highlights there is much more:
- A welcome bonus just for joining us of £3000! £1500 paid after 6 months and rest at 12 months!
- Discounts in all the shops you love, the average employee in the scheme saves £1000 a year.
- 36 days holiday including bank holidays
- Pension and life assurance.
- Opportunities to explore your own extraordinary whilst getting a week off paid, all we ask in return is you raise money for us.
- Get to work for one of the oldest charities in the UK. We are brave, ambitious, creative, passionate about what we do and strive to always do the right thing!
Pop in and see us or apply online today!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.