Position: Volunteer Manager (6 months contract)
Salary: £24,388 pro-rata, 6 months contract (£12,194)
Location: Remote working, travel is expected and to attend central office as and when required in Epsom, Surrey.
Company/Sector: SeeAbility, social care Charity.
Scope of the Job
This role will support the delivery of Creating Connections, a 6-month programme to support people with learning disabilities, autism and sight loss who are most at risk of loneliness because of the pandemic, to build and strengthen their social connections. The project will develop and scale targeted, contact-free peer connections, volunteer support, training and resources with added capacity from Learning Disability England (LDE) and their network of members. This programme is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund Coronavirus Community Support Fund, which is supported by The Office for Civil Society.
You will manage and recruit volunteers to address loneliness and build skills amongst people with learning disabilities, autism and sight loss. Volunteers will provide a range of socially distanced support as well as digital skills support. Additionally, you will be responsible for connecting with LDE’s member network and their volunteers to support them with resources and training.
- Collaborate with existing volunteering infrastructure to create a digital inclusion plan and socially distanced volunteering plan to address loneliness and isolation.
- Ensure an effective volunteer recruitment, induction and training programme is in place, providing training to support volunteers to make meaningful connections and impart digital skills.
- Engage with delivery partner organisations and support them to successfully implement the Creating Connections programme.
- Encourage volunteers and delivery partner organisations to build on their local knowledge so that they can connect beneficiaries with their communities
- Manage and update the central volunteering database and system for managing existing and new volunteer enquiries,
- Set, monitor and report on volunteer key performance indicators and work plans.
- Promote and champion the role of volunteers, both internally and externally, so that they are respected and valued for their contributions.
Full Job Description available upon application. Please note, every application will be responded to.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.