SEENARYO JOB CALLOUT
- 3 days per week, in Blackfriars (London), ideally starting from Nov 2021 (with 1 day working from home)
- £28,000-£32,000 per annum (pro rata), depending on experience
- 1-year contract (with 3-month probation period)
- Possibility of full-time employment
Are you a proactive individual looking to further your skills and experience within a dynamic arts and education charity running programmes in the Arab region? This position would suit someone with excellent attention to detail and financial experience who is keen to apply their knowledge within an ambitious charity. They will play a key role in Seenaryo’s plan to double its reach over the next five years. The Finance Manager needs to be an allrounder, willing and able to handle day-to-day finance tasks as well as strategic financial planning.
The Finance Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer in London, and will have regular contact via Zoom with our team in Lebanon and Jordan where we run our projects. They should have experience in financial management and accounting.
Responsibilities of the job include:
- Prepare and manage annual budgets, as well as project budgets
- Collate, prepare and interpret reports, management accounts, commentaries and financial statements
- Present such reports, accounts, and commentaries to stakeholders (e.g. Seenaryo’s Board of Trustees, funders and project partners, the Charity Commission etc.)
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Carry out financial risk assessments and seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Undertake strategic financial analysis and assist with strategic planning
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
- Supervise colleagues involved in financial systems and procedures
- Liaise with the Senior Management Team and other colleagues
- Contract and manage outside services for independent examinations, auditing, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Undertake research into pricing, competitors and factors affecting performance
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Process donations and Gift Aid
- Basic monthly bookkeeping (with support from other core staff and an external bookkeeper)
- Support on the financial side of grant applications and donor reporting
- Advise on reserves position and reserves policy
- Oversee insurance requirements
Essential qualifications and experience: Degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field; minimum three years of experience in a finance role; superior mathematical skills; experience in employee supervision; understanding of data privacy standards; knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software, MS Office, Google Drive, Zoom; solid communication skills, both written and verbal; superior attention to detail; organisational, planning and research skills; problemsolving skills.
Desirable skills and experience (non-essential): Experience in the charity sector with knowledge of UK Charity Commission reporting requirements; experience of working across currencies and knowledge of financial workings in unstable countries with hyperinflation; written and spoken Arabic.
How to apply
- To apply: please apply via our website where you will be asked to fill in some basic details, answer two questions, and upload your CV.
- Application Deadline: Monday 25th October, 6pm (BST)
- Interviews: w/c 1st November, daytime
The job will ideally begin in November. The exact start date will be decided in discussion with the selected candidate.
Seenaryo is a leading specialist in theatre and play-based learning with marginalised communities in Lebanon and Jordan. Having reached 67,000 children, youth and women to date, we use theatre and play to transform education and equip people with the tools to collaborate, think critically and build transferable skills. Seenaryo is one of Expo 2020 Dubai's 120 Global Innovators, has lectured for New York University on their Teacher Fellowship, and has been featured in Al Jazeera and Prospect Magazine. In 2020, Seenaryo created 29 original theatre productions with 702 children, youth and women. We trained 842 teachers to transform learning through play using the Seenaryo Playkit mobile phone app and our Video Making training, reaching 21,050 school children. Since Covid-19 began, we developed an entirely new remote learning programme, I Learn From Home, in which lesson plans and interactive stories were shared over WhatsApp direct to 5,500 of the poorest families across Lebanon & Jordan. I Learn From Home allowed children to keep learning and playing, and equipped parents and caregivers – even those who are illiterate – with teaching and behaviour management skills. Meanwhile, since the Beirut explosion we have delivered 15 theatre projects, giving young people directly affected by the blast a safe, creative space to process their trauma and begin to heal.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.