How to apply
Job Title: Fundraising and Administration Officer
Company: Self Help Africa
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours Monday – Friday
Salary: £21,000 – £22,500 per annum
Location: Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reports to: Fundraising Manager UK
To deliver excellent administrative support to the Fundraising team, volunteers and supporters within the UK, including the provision of high-quality donor care. Ensure accurate data input and support fundraising activities to maximise Self Help Africa’s income.
The Fundraising and Administration Officer will also have responsibility for office administration for SHA UK.
• Respond to enquiries from supporters, prospective supporters and volunteers including telephone, post and email responses to donations, queries and information requests.
• Process cash and regular donations, Gift Aid and other income on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and ensure timely and appropriate acknowledgements.
• To be the first point of contact for the Fundraising Department, answering the phones and meeting and greeting people who arrive to the office.
• Calculate and claim monthly direct debit donations.
• Create and maintain accurate reports, records of supporters, contacts and income using the Salesforce database, paper systems and/or other systems as required.
• To adhere to administrative procedures to ensure the delivery of a high-quality service which is compliant with all relevant legislation, policies, regulations and guidelines.
• Produce accurate cost-benefit analysis of fundraising activities along with timely reports on all fundraising income (UK).
• Generate reports for mail merges and for other fundraising administration as required.
• Monitor and control stocks of fundraising materials.
• Manage fundraising equipment, to ensure always in full working order.
• Assist with the production and procurement of fundraising materials, (organisation of mailings) and all other collateral in relation to fundraising.
• Manage cash collections and support the delivery of fundraising events. (Please note occasional evening and weekend working required).
• Oversee the recruitment and management of volunteers to support fundraising activities.
• To assist in promoting and administering challenged events.
• To be the office first aider representative and office fire alarm co-ordinator.
• Record and reconcile petty cash expenditure.
• Scan and upload credit card statements and invoices for payment by the Finance team.
• Bank cheques and cash received from donors and process credit card and CAF donations.
• Arrange accommodation for staff travel to Shrewsbury.
• Order office stationery and supplies; and liaise with suppliers.
• Co-ordinate general office maintenance when required.
• UK Fundraising Manager (line-manager)
• Fundraising Executive
• Fundraising Team in Ireland
• Self Help Africa supporters and donors
• Minimum of 2 years’ office/administration experience in a busy environment, preferably in a fundraising or marketing environment.
• A relevant qualification from a further educational institution.
• Experience in a customer-facing role.
• Enthusiastic and positive attitude; flexible and adaptable.
• Excellent keyboard and numeracy skills, with a high-level of accuracy.
• Excellent planning, administrative, organisational and time management skills to deliver and cope with a busy workload.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
• High-level of computer literacy, specifically Microsoft Office.
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Commitment to Self Help Africa’s vision of an economically thriving and resilient rural Africa.
• Full driving licence.
• Working knowledge of marketing/relationship CRM databases such as Salesforce.
• At least 1 years’ database or financial accounting software input experience.
• Educated to degree level.
• Customer Care or Business Administration qualification.
• Knowledge of fundraising legislation, regulations and processes.
• Enthusiastic and can-do positive attitude.
• First Aid Certificate.
• Managing yourself – Holds an awareness of own abilities and areas for development; adapts and uses abilities to work well with others and to help achieve objectives
• Communicating and working with others – Uses the most appropriate channel to share information with others both inside and outside Self Help Africa; adapts the message to meet the communication needs of the audience.
• Delivering results – Systematically develops plans towards achieving Self Help Africa’s objectives and delivers on commitments; uses appropriate techniques to help achieve agreed objectives
• Planning and decision-making – Systematically develop plans towards achieving Self Help Africa’s objectives and delivers on commitments; makes clear, informed and timely decisions appropriate to role, in the interests of Self Help Africa and those we work with.
• Experience and/or knowledge of agricultural development.
• Ability to speak/understand French
How to Apply
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of application.
If you are interested in applying please visit our website.
The closing date for receiving applications is the 2nd of August, 2019 at 5 pm
Interviews will take place on the 12th and 13th of August, 2019
Any candidate offered a job with Self Help Africa will be expected to sign Self Help Africa’s Safeguarding Policies and Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
Specific roles may require police/DBS/Garda vetting.
Self Help Africa is an equal opportunities employer