Self Help Africa is looking to recruit a Programme Funding Manager to develop and maintain long-term engagement strategies with key institutional donors (government, trusts, foundations and commercial) in the UK and Europe, in order to maximise SHA income and influence across its programmes.
Working closely with the Head of Programme Funding this post will have lead responsibility for supporting high-value grant and commercial contract opportunities, and will work closely with assigned country teams to develop high quality bids. The Programme Funding Manager will also provide cover for the Head of Programme Funding including managing and supporting the team from time-to-time.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying, researching and advising on funding opportunities
- Leading proposal development for assigned countries/donors: coordinate cross-organisational teams, coordinate inputs, write and edit contnet, provide quality assurance on fit with donor priorities and ensure compliance with internal review and approval procedures
- Actively manage relationships with assigned funders
- Maintain up to date information on donor priorities, strategies and activities pertaining to Self Help Africa's strategic plan and ensure senior managment and Country Directors are briefed
- Track commercial contract opportunities, preparing high quality capacity statements and tender documents in response to identified opportunities
Essential knowledge and experience requirements include:
- Excellent French language skills: ability to coordinate proposal development processes and write bids in French
- Minimum of five years' experience of securing institutional funding
- Minimum of five years' experience working with large/diverse multi-nationality virtual teams
- Evidence of success in winning large (multi-million GBP) grants/contracts - ideally including experience of FCDO, USAID, UN Donors, and/or EU.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the UK at the time of application. For more details and information on how to apply, please follow the link to our website. The closing date is 16 August at 5pm.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.