Application Method: CV and Covering Letter, both no more than 2 pages please. Any applications not adhering to this request will need to be disregarded.
Due to the high number of applications that we receive we are sadly unable to get back to everyone. If you haven’t heard from us by Friday 29th November 2019, it means that you haven’t been successful this time.
Semble is looking for an experienced project manager to lead on the delivery of high profile, purpose led projects and campaigns.
● Do you have two or more years of clearly demonstrable experience delivering high profile projects or campaigns in a busy start-up environment
● Are you self-motivated, resilient, and with an (almost) endless engine of energy?
● Do you have a track record of working with existing clients and partners to develop new opportunities?
● Do you believe in the power of communities and organisations coming together and taking positive action to change the world?
If that’s four big ticks from you then you should definitely read on! If it isn't, please, please, please don't apply for this particular role. These are essential requirements, and we'd hate you to waste your time.
1. What is the purpose of this role?
Ultimately you will be responsible for delivering some of the high-profile campaigns and projects in Semble’s growing portfolio.
A close second to that will be a natural flair and passion for ensuring that Semble is constantly striving to be the best that it can possibly be.
Thirdly, you will also need to be comfortable with spotting new opportunities and developing those, with the support of the new business team.
2. What are the key responsibilities for this role?
- To ensure campaigns and projects are delivered to time and to budget
- To ensure contracts and finances are well managed
- To report and evaluate impact of the campaigns
- To ensure data is managed securely
- To constantly strive to improve systems and processes
- To ensure all partners are supported and kept up to date with the campaign as a whole
- Managing members of the delivery team
3. What are the minimum skills, knowledge and experience needed for this role?
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of leading on the end-to-end management of large purpose-led or change projects, campaigns or programmes
- Experience of managing a diverse team, preferably including remote management
- Experience of successfully developing relationships with external and internal clients and stakeholders at all levels
- A clear and demonstrable understanding of what the challenges are when working for a small business or start-up
- Experience of developing complex project plans and comfortable managing budgets and performance in a target driven environment
- Experience of working within a tightly knit team, but needing to be largely self-motivated
- Experience of developing and improving processes, tools and systems
- Experience of using data for analysing and reporting on performance of a large campaign
- Skilled at thinking creatively to develop new approaches and materials to further engage external stakeholders
- Ability to manage own workload effectively
- Ability to manage a team and build effective processes
- Ability to use initiative and draw on experience in dealing with day-to-day tasks, risks and challenges
Desirable skills, knowledge and experiences
- Experience of data protection and GDPR
- Experience within, or working with, the community sector
- Knowledge or experience of marketing and communications theory and practise, particularly for digital.
- Experience of fundraising or proposal writing
- Experience of Theory of Change journey
4. About Semble and Our Community
Semble is the UK’s most active network of community projects with an online platform that currently hosts over 3,500 environmental and social projects. We connect community projects with local people and companies who want to help them to achieve their goals and join their story.
Our vision is: Bring people together to make a change
For the past six years, Semble has been growing its platform for community projects nationally and developing an impressive client base. We’re building the team, developing our brand and platform, and are now looking for someone to help us super-charge our community!
We run projects such as #Made Local, #GreenerwithGreggs (an environmental fund for Greggs), #GivexCollaborate (a team-based volunteering campaign for Dentsu Aegis Network), #YourPintCan (a neighbourhood investment fund for Carling), and Outdoor Classroom Day (a global day to get over 20m children outdoors to learn & play at school, in partnership with Unilever and a network of NGOs). Last year we ran the Offline Festival for community businesses.
5. Benefits & Further Details
In this role, you will be working closely with the Head of Campaigns and the campaigns team. You will have significant opportunities for personal development and play an important role in developing and nurturing our community.
We have a lot of fun, with drinks evenings, picnics & team away days. Community volunteering is actively encouraged with each team member having 2 days per year to volunteer, and at least 2 days to visit community projects to find out more about how Semble can help them, and to collect stories and content for social media and the Semble platform.
Other benefits include:
• £35,000 – £45,000 depending on experience
• Central London or central Bristol location, with option of working remotely for part of the time
• 25 days holiday allowance p.a.
• Pension contribution
• Clear training opportunities and career path progression
• Discretionary bonus scheme, related to business performance
• Shared gym membership
No Recruitment Agencies please, you do a great job but we’ve got this one covered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.