Job DescriptionSenior Policy Adviser - Charity
Senior Policy Adviser - Charity
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Policy Adviser within the charity sector. You will:
* To lead work on ensuring policy on child sexual abuse is informed by the latest research and evidence.
* To work with colleagues to assess the impact of policy and practice changes on the scale and nature of abuse.
* An understanding of the workings of Government and the policy making process and how to engage them effectively.
* Knowledge of current legislative, policy and practice developments affecting children, young people and families across the UK. (essential)
* Experience of managing and balancing relationships with a wide range of senior stakeholders with differing views and agendas.
* Experience of developing policy proposals, and offering informed criticisms of policy proposals, based on evidence from research and practice.
* Experience of conducting and project managing policy and research projects.
* Identifying and maximising opportunities within the political/external environment to advance organisational objectives.
* Representing your team/organisation internally and externally at a senior level, for example on coalitions and working groups.
Salary: £46,378 - £57,590 per annum