Closed on 17 January 2017
Closed: 17 January 2017
Senior Science Communications Manager
Job DescriptionAre you a passionate and creative communicator who can help deliver CRUK’s research vision?
At Cancer Research UK, we are a collective force, leading pioneering research in the fight against all cancers. Every day we achieve extraordinary things by being innovative, imaginative and brave in our work. Over the last few years we have developed a bold approach to how we communicate and fundraise and our team is working hard to package up our most exciting, innovative and ground breaking research into inspiring content for our fundraisers to inspire supporters.
With ever-increasing ambition, we need a confident and creative Senior Science Communications Manager to work with other communications, fundraising, marketing and science teams in CRUK to…
* Lead and manage a team of science communicators to deliver creative and engaging stories about CRUK’s research and its impact, for fundraising and marketing teams.
* Providing inspiring science-based solutions to support high and mass value fundraising activities.
* To develop strategic relationships with key fundraising and research teams
* Work with other CRUK communications teams to develop creative ways to present and deliver information about CRUK’s scientific research and its impact.
* To act as an advocate for CRUK’s research strategy and its priorities.
You can help us save millions of lives through your...
* Experience of communicating complex scientific and organisational information in a user-friendly and fit-for-purpose manner.
* Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills, and an ability to build effective working relationships at all levels.
* Ability to lead, influence and negotiate with internal and external partners to ensure CRUK continues to receive high value support.
* Ability to effectively guide and manage a team of scientists.
* Strong science background, ideally to PhD level or equivalent.
If you’re as ambitious as we are, join our collective force against cancer and enjoy a superb career with us
This is a 9-12 month fixed term contract.
Closing Date: 17th January
Interviews: 23rd January