International development charity seeking experienced Trusts & Foundations Manager. Self-motivated creative thinker, an excellent writer with strong communications and organisational skills.
Application deadline: we encourage candidates to apply ASAP. The deadline is set to 22 September but applications will be reviewed as they come in and should a suitable candidate come forward we will conduct interviews before the deadline.
Start date: ASAP from late October onwards
Reports to: Head of Philanthropy & Communications
To apply please submit CV and cover letter via charity jobs to Malin Rosenkvist, Head of Philanthropy & Communications
About the role
MicroLoan Foundation is looking for an experienced Trusts & Foundations Manager to join our small fundraising team in London. The central function of the role is to manage and grow fundraising income from trusts, foundations and statutory funders. You will have experience of securing and managing five and six figure grants, with excellent research, grant writing and project budgeting skills. In this role you will develop, implement and lead on the delivery of a trusts and foundations strategy in order to grow income. You will research, prepare and submit high-value fundraising proposals, maintain good relationships and report to a range of charitable trusts and foundations, government institutions, lottery and other grant-giving organisations. In addition, you will track operational performance and social performance impact data for the fundraising team.
This role has line management responsibility for one Trusts & Foundations Officer and occasional volunteers. You will report to the Head of Philanthropy & Communications and work closely with the Global Director of Microfinance. The role also involves liaising directly with the senior management teams in sub-Saharan Africa to develop project proposals, funder reports and budgets.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate for the Trusts & Foundations Manager role will be a self-motivated creative thinker, an excellent writer with strong communications and organisational skills.
The following skills and experience are essential to the role:
- Demonstrable experience of shaping and implementing a Trusts & Foundations strategy and developing a healthy pipeline of prospects
- Demonstrable experience of developing high value project funding proposals including project budgets
- A track record of securing five and six figure grants from private and corporate trusts and foundations
- Demonstrable experience of applying for, securing and/or managing grants from institutional funders such as DFID, UN or EU
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to produce engaging applications, reports and letters
- Strong stewardship, project and relationship management skills including face-to-face interaction with (potential) funders and partners
- Financial skills including the ability to construct and use spreadsheets to create and monitor project and fundraising income budgets
- Effective team working - an ability to understand the interaction across income streams and make decisions to deliver the best possible outcome for the charity beyond individual targets
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent record keeping and organisational skills using Excel and CRM databases - experience of working with eTapestry would be beneficial
- A genuine interest in international development and poverty alleviation
- A willingness to travel overseas
- A willingness to support the fundraising team at networking and challenge events outside of regular working hours
Pension Scheme: 8% employer contribution
Holidays: 25 days annual leave per year plus eight bank holidays
Flexible working with option to work from home one day per week
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.