About the charity/role
Sense International is a global charity for people with deafblindness, estimated to affect up to 2% of the world’s population. Their mission is to ensure anyone facing challenges because of deafblindness can have access to advice, guidance and support. Although a fairly small charity, they have a big impact because of the way they work. Rather than running services themselves, they provide expertise and training to local organisations and schools. They also campaign and lobby governments for policy change.
Major giving has been identified as a key area for growth, with a strategic focus on peer to peer fundraising and securing six-figure gifts. With a warm donor pool in place, highly engaged and well-connected trustee board, supportive senior leadership, and a range of compelling projects to share with donors, it’s a hugely exciting time to be joining this passionate and ambitious fundraising team.
- Work with the Head of Fundraising to develop and implement an effective Philanthropy fundraising strategy
- Build relationships with existing supporters to increase the prospect pipeline
- Focus on opening up donor networks and identifying potential for sizeable, multi-year donations
- Design and deliver tailored cultivation and stewardship plans to inspire, engage and promote long-term support
- Work closely with the Sense International Trustees and Executive Team to explore networks
- Work closely with the Special Events Manager to develop and deliver a programme of cultivation/stewardship events and coordinate follow-ups with donors and prospects
- A proactive and tenacious major donor fundraiser with success in opening up networks and making asks
- Expertise in producing tailored cultivation and stewardship plans for new and existing supporters
- Experience of working with senior colleagues, such as trustees, in order to open up networks and help with new approaches
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to write persuasive copy
Vacancy closes on Monday 28 October, with interviews w/c 4 November.
To apply for this role, please click Apply with Charityjob to submit your CV to Janice Hardy at QuarterFive Fundraising Recruitment. If your experience is a good fit, we will send you a job description and arrange a briefing call or meeting that will provide you with all the information required to formally apply. QuarterFive aims to proactively support your job search, so we may also consider your details for other job vacancies to enable us to find a position that is most suitable for you.