Do you want to actively contribute to the development and delivery of quality opportunities and experiences that reflects individual choice whilst promoting independence and empowerment? The centre is now poised to be enhanced even further with a dynamic creative manager.
Reference number: 44379
Title: Day Centre Manager
Location: Barnet, London
Salary: Circa £35,700 (Inc London Weighting)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated Manager to join our professional team at our day service in Barnet working 37.5 hours per week on a permanent basis; this role will be in our Touchbase South East Day Centre.
This role will challenge, excite and never be dull with all complexities of working for a vibrant values based organisation, but it will be truly rewarding for the right person.
An exciting opportunity has become available at our day centre in Barnet. The centre offers a place for people with sensory and complex disabilities to build connections by developing communication skills and independence, meeting other people, being creative with arts and crafts, music sessions and taking part in sport and exercise – all supported by skilled, specialist staff.
Our pioneering total communication approach supports individuals to express what matters to them – there needs, goals and aspirations which we will make sure these are clearly understood by everyone.
- You must have previous management experience within a day activity setting or care environment
- An experienced, competent and resourceful manager
- A good communicator
- Proactive, creative and flexible in your approach
- Committed to the principles and drive to modernise day activities
- Skilled in enabling adults with Sensory Impairment, Learning and/or Physical Disabilities to develop new skills and experience new opportunities
- Committed to the promotion of inclusion and individual participation
- Believe in the value of partnership working to achieve best outcomes for individuals
- Committed to safeguarding vulnerable adults and conversant of policies, procedures and best practice in respect of this
- Highly motivated
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Closing date: Thursday 11 June 2020
Interview date: To be confirmed
Please click 'Apply' to be redirected to our website to apply online.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
No agencies please.