Could you make the difference to young people's lives? Do you share our values?
Reference number: 44368
Title: Social Care Team Leader
Location: Bristol, South West
Salary: Circa £17,700 per annum
Hours: 37.5 per week
Contract type: Temporary, Fixed Term
Sense has a great opportunity for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team as a Team leader in Bristol. This is a 6-month Fixed Term Contract, working 37.5 hours per week.
About the role…
As a Team Leader you will work in a team with the Registered Care Manager, 2 Deputy Managers and Support Workers. The services support young people aged between 18-25 with Learning Disabilities and/or challenging behaviour. Our residents require support with a wide variety of interests, sports, acting, theatre, cooking, social events to name but a few.
You will be both hands on coaching and leading the team and supporting the RCM and Deputy to ensuring individuals needs are met, delivering personalised care.
In return we will offer you…
- £17,705 per annum (Pro – Rata)
- Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
- The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment.
- Group Personal Pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- Enhanced disclosure cost covered
- Share our values - We include, We collaborate, We find a way, We challenge, We celebrate
- Champion our ‘I’ statements - I will listen to others, I will understand and respond, I will respect others, I will be honest and open, I will participate and contribute, I will take informed risk, I will find things to celebrate, No decision about me, without me
- Caring, sensitive and patient
- Experience in working with young people who have a learning disability
- NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care or equivalent
- Experience of working with people with sensory needs, using range of communication methods including use of technology
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Closing date: Tuesday 30th June 2020
Interview date: As suitable applications received
To apply, please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our website to apply online.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own, such as no fee will be payable.