Are you looking for a rewarding job where you go home knowing that you have made a real impact on someone’s life?
Sense has a great opportunity for committed individuals to join our team as a Support Workers at our Sense Centre in Louth. We have various permanent opportunities so let us know what hours suit you best!
Sense Centre Louth is not just about providing a service or having somewhere to spend the day; it’s a place full of opportunities. We help develop communication skills and encourage the prople we support to express themselves, meet other people and have fun learning through all sorts of activities – all supported by skilled, specialist Sense staff.
As well as a sensory suite with specialist equipment, it offers a rebound room, craft room, life skills kitchen, common room and a sensory garden as well as regular trips to swimming, hydrotherapy, sporting activities, theatre trips and our football club every Friday afternoon- all delivered in a social, creative and supportive environment.
About the role…
• As a Support Worker you will support and enable people to live the life they choose
• You will support an individual and encourage them to make choices, to express themselves, live as independently as possible and run their own lives as much as possible
• Supporting people to take part in some of our amazing arts and wellbeing activities – from dance to music making, swimming to rock climbing at our Sense Centre, Acommodation Services or out in the community.
In return we will offer you…
• £9.00 per hour
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• Free parking (where available)
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment.
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• An awareness of multi sensory and complex needs
• Flexible approach to situations
• Previous experience is not essential as full training will be provided
• Able to demonstrate that you possess the right values and behaviours to enable you to make a difference to people’s lives
• Flexibility, as working times do vary and may include weekends on occasion.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team as above
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own, such as no fee will be payable.