About Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO) London
SEO London is a diversity-focused UK-registered charity with 20 years of history and expertise in working with and preparing talented students from ethnic minority or low socioeconomic backgrounds for career success.
We are shifting expectations around what is possible.
We believe everyone needs mentorship, training, and access to networks in order to succeed. When people are disadvantaged because they come from a particular background, those things are harder to reach. We are working to level the playing field so that all young people can compete fairly and make the most of the opportunities that present themselves.
SEO London’s Marketing and Communication Role
SEO London is seeking an entrepreneurial, creative, social media savvy, communications professional. This brand-new role provides an exciting opportunity to build and shape SEO London's communication functions. The role cuts across all our programmes working with secondary school students to alumni offering them with recruitment, training, and mentoring opportunities. Working as part of an energetic team, the Marketing and Communications Manager will have a passion for developing and delivering proactive communications strategies to promote awareness of SEO London and engage and excite our key audiences – young people, alumni, partner firms and SEO London staff.
We are looking for a personable candidate who has excellent work ethic, and a genuine passion for diversity and social mobility. The team requires a highly skilled multi-tasker with excellent written skills who can develop engaging content for a range of products such as the website, social media, reports and stakeholder communications. The individual should be enthusiastic and self-motivated and be able to thrive during challenges while always committing themselves to learning. The role requires a creative thinker who can translate ideas, data, and case studies into content and who understands the importance of good design in communications materials.
- 3-5 years experience in managing high quality and effective marketing and strategic campaigns across digital and print channels, including media
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Experience implementing organic and paid digital campaigns across paid, owned and earned channels
- An ability to build relationships and manage internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Experience proactively exploring opportunities for media coverage, and establishing effective media links to increase an organisation's profile
- A strong understanding of content in all its forms, including copy, video, photography, graphical
- Exposure to, and a keen interest in cutting edge digital tools
- Experience managing third parties for content creation
Desirable (but not essential):
- Familiarity of working with Google Analytics
- Experience of working within the charity or diversity and inclusion sector
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The Marketing & Communications Manager will work with SEO London’s leadership team as well as all staff members to embed marketing and communications as a strategic function within the organisation. The role includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- Owning and executing the development of proactive marketing and communications tactics, including:
- content strategy and creation for cross-platform campaigns
- pitching stories to relevant media about SEO London's work and alumni
- building relationships with consumer and trade print and broadcast titles and media monitoring
- advising SEO London teams on all external messaging
- Generating awareness of SEO London's work amongst existing and new customers with a wide range of communications activities, for example social media campaigns, partnering with events and conferences
- Underpinning activities with data gathering and insights to measure the impact of the work
Equal Opportunities Statement
As part of its recruitment policy, SEO London intends to ensure that no prospective or actual employee is discriminated against on the basis of race, sex, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation, employment status, class, disability, age, religious belief or political persuasion or is disadvantaged by any condition or requirement which is not demonstrably justifiable.