About Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO) London
SEO London is a diversity-focused UK-registered charity with 20 years of history and expertise in working with and preparing talented students from ethnic minority or low socioeconomic backgrounds for career success. Our commitment is to work with the most ambitious young people, educating, inspiring, training and mentoring them to help them realise their potential, and through their success facilitate opportunities for others in the communities in which they live.
We are a 35-member (and growing) organisation with offices in London Bridge.
We are looking for a personable candidate who has an excellent work ethic, is keen to take initiative, is enthusiastic and motivated to make a difference. Applicants should have a genuine passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Essential skills and experience:
- 1-2 years' experience in an office administrator/manager or executive assistant role
- Knowledge of MS Office programs, in particular Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- The ability to pick up systems and processes quickly
- High attention to detail along with excellent communication skills at all levels
- Pro-active and organised mindset with the ability to multi-task and prioritise busy workloads efficiently
- A team attitude - you pitch in when required
- Ability to work independently where necessary
- Time management
- Project management
- Drafting emails and documents
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Event Management
- A flexible, collaborative work style with a desire to succeed
- A calm and well organised nature
Good to have experience:
- Knowledge of Bright HR and Ucheck or similar HR platforms
Main duties & responsibilities
The prospective office manager/executive assistant will be central to organising and overseeing the general operations for the office. The individual will also be responsible for ensuring the seamless, proactive handling of our Executive leadership group. Being able to anticipate needs before they come up, respond quickly to ever-evolving requests with discretion and being two steps ahead of the game at any given time. Ensure the smooth running of the organisation.
The role includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the administrative aspects of HR by using the HR platform, including setting up new accounts, logging employee holidays etc.
- Provide support during the roll-out of key HR initiatives (e.g. Performance Reviews)
- Keep office health and safety policies are up to date
- Meet and greet new starters on Day 1. Train new staff on office equipment, policies, and procedures
- Manage the log of office equipment and distribution to staff
- Manage the info inbox, and divert emails to the relevant teams
- Front end phone support
- Schedule board meetings, distributing agendas and minute taking
- Prepare presentations as required
- Order office supplies, including everything from coffee to pens to desk chairs
- Coordinate travel details for business leaders or clients
- Manage and maintain executives' schedules, appointments, and travel arrangements
- Oversee administrative policies within the organization and within the office; recommend changes as appropriate
- Other ad hoc projects
To meet SEO London’s needs, a degree of flexibility is required, and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above. Such duties will, however, fall within the scope of the role. The job description will be subject to periodic review with the post holder to ensure it accurately reflects the duties of the role.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As part of its recruitment policy, SEO London intends to ensure that no prospective or actual employee is discriminated against on the basis of race, sex, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation, employment status, class, disability, age, religious belief or political persuasion or is disadvantaged by any condition or requirement which is not demonstrably justifiable.