We are looking for a freelancer with experience in sales and/or fundraising who can deliver income based on agreed targets. The successful freelancer will raise funds through community activities and will recruit and manage supporters and volunteer groups to deliver the fundraising objectives.
The role requires a passionate person who is a strong team player & communicator, and is able to work well with the existing freelance team. You will be expected to keep up to date with sector trends and have solid knowledge of best fundraising practice.
This role is home based with the requirement to travel. The named locations are preferred but other locations within England will be considered. You will work on a part time freelance basis -estimated 21 hours per week. You should be able to work weekends and evenings as required by the role. Normally, you should be prepared to travel to Scotland quarterly for meetings with the Chief Operating Officer and the trustees, however, we work fully within the guidelines issued by the government in relation to COVID-19 and our trustee meetings are currently taking place remotely via Zoom calls.
As a freelance contractor you will be paid a fixed monthly fee of £1,500 (1 month in arrears) plus you will be paid reasonable expenses subject to approval. This contract is offered initially for a 6 month period and will be subject to review. You will be responsible for all tax, pension and other expenses.
Key areas of responsibility
• To raise agreed levels of income from community activities.
• To recruit, manage and motivate volunteers and key supporters for the purpose of successfully delivering a mixed fundraising activity portfolio.
• To co-ordinate & manage volunteers into structured fundraising groups based on geography, so that they can fundraise in that area on an ongoing basis.
• To research, approach and secure new community fundraising partnerships.
• To represent the organisation professionally at any events, ensuring that every opportunity is taken to publicise the name and work of Sepsis Research FEAT.
• To deliver Sepsis Research’s main campaigns and events.
• To share success stories and best practice both internally and externally.
• To communicate effectively with the Chief Operations Officer and the Fundraising & Administration Coordinator on progress against targets.
Your contract responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
• Raising income from Community Fundraising, local businesses and via the formation of volunteer fundraising groups who will raise funds for us on an ongoing basis.
• Develop and manage numerous charity fundraising campaigns and other sources of income by recruiting and retaining donors.
• Deliver marketing activities that support Sepsis Research FEAT including donor communications, social media updates and sharing sepsis stories.
• Collaboration with colleagues and other consultants including, IT, PR & marketing to help deliver your objectives & ensure effective promotion of Sepsis Research FEAT.
• Hitting the financial targets set and reporting on these monthly.
• Utilising and analysing the supporter database (Donorfy) to maximise charity reach and to monitor successful outcomes.
Outstanding track record of raising funds, able to use a database and MS Office, a full driving licence and access to a car.
Self-motivated with drive to deliver while working on own initiative. Excellent communicator.
Job outlines cannot be exhaustive. The contractor may be required to undertake other duties from time to time.
To apply for this freelance position, please provide a CV and a covering letter detailing how you will meet the fundraising brief.
Closing date for applications is Friday 11th Dec and we plan to hold interviews via Zoom w/c 14th Dec. Anticipated start date Jan 2021.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.