Senior Speech and Language Therapist
Sequence Care Group has experienced unprecedented growth in the past few years evolving into to a leading care provider creating real opportunities to progress within the Health and Social care sector.
Senior Speech and Language Therapist Responsibilities:
We are expanding our team and looking for genuinely caring, dynamic and hands on individuals with strong multi-tasking skills to join our dedicated team.
At Sequence you will work with extraordinary people who achieve fantastic successes, being ambitious about what people can achieve is key for Sequence Care. You will work as part of a supportive team, focusing on outcomes through a person-centred approach.
The Senior Speech & Language Therapist (SSLT) is responsible for the delivery of effective Speech and Language Therapy services for vulnerable adults. The ideal candidate will contribute to the high standards of person centred care provided within Sequence Care Ltd and utilise Speech and Language Therapy skills to effectively assess, treat and provide on-going evaluation and support of clients. You will also assist the Clinical Lead SLT in delivering training programmes in order to ensure competency in working with patients who have communication and or swallowing difficulties.
You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, in line with the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapy ‘Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct’ and the ‘ Health Professions Council Regulations’.
Senior Speech and Language Therapist Requirements:
• You will have previous experience as an SLT in an adult LD or MH setting
• You will have the ability to work autonomously across our services delivering client programmes and adhering to local and national professional standards whilst keeping the Lead SLT informed
• Part of your duties will involve delegating an appropriate case load & providing clinical and operational supervision to SLT Assistant’s.
• You must be able to provide evidence of commitment to ongoing professional development and reflect and develop your own practice.
• You will be contributing towards the training of other staff.
• You will have a recognised Speech and Language Therapy Degree Qualification or equivalent.
• HCPC Registration is required
• You will be a Registered member of RCSLT
• You will ideally have Basic Dysphagia management experience.
• Experience within social services is desirable.
About Sequence Care Group:
Sequence Care Group is passionate about providing high quality Community Residential & Supported Living Services for Adults requiring specialist learning disability and mental health support. All of our Services provide in-patient support and rehabilitation on a one-to-one basis.
Sequence is committed to delivering individualised care to meet people’s needs, committed to providing the best possible care and support..
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000 to 40,000 per annum
Location: London & Neighbouring Counties
Hours of Work: 40 per week
You may have experience of the following: Speech & Language Therapist, Therapy, Therapist, Speech and Language Programme, Challenging Behaviour, Complex Needs, Learning Disabilities, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, HCPC, RCSLT, Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists, Health and Care Professions Council, Social Services etc.