SERVE is a charity (no 1043321), established in 1981, registered as a charity in 1995, and based in Rushden, Northamptonshire. We support the North Northamptonshire residents as well as lead on Countywide Projects to reduce isolation amongst the Older Person’s population.
Our charitable activities involve a range of services for the elderly and adults with disabilities in Northamptonshire. These include, but not limited to:
- Domestic Care and Personal Care for the elderly and adults with disabilities in their own homes
- Hospital discharge and aftercare packages
- A range of physical, mental and social activities for our beneficiaries in general and for specific groups amongst the people we serve
- Community transport which includes our own accessible minibuses and cars provided by volunteer drivers.
- Countywide Befriending at Scale in partnership with other VCSE organisations
- Informal Carers respite support
Some 5,000 elderly and disabled people benefit from one or more of the above services.
We are looking for a Community Fundraiser & Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator who would like to make a real difference.
- To plan and deliver income with agreed Key Performance Indicators across a variety of income streams with a focus on building community relationships and developing supporter led activity
- To work collaboratively with existing volunteers and colleagues to deliver income streams
- To recruit, induct and support new volunteers who wish to support our cause
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and confident Community Fundraiser with excellent communication skills and experience of developing strong relationships whilst working towards the achievement of targets.
- Community fundraising experience including supporter led income
- Experience of recruitment of volunteers, including fundraising volunteer recruitment and support
- Has the skills to maintain strong relationships with existing volunteers
- Has the ability to increase our community support
- Has the ability to support and communicate effectively with beneficiaries
- Has strong networking skills and the ability to build relationships in the voluntary sector
- Has the ability to motivate and lead on community fundraising events
- Has the flexibility and willingness to travel where needed to support local fundraising events which will include some weekend and evening work.
Other specific Tasks
- Develop Friends of Serve Community Group
- Assist the Care Manager with promotional activities
- Attend networking events in the voluntary sector
- Attend networking events with local corporate businesses
- Manage the social media and online giving pages
- At least 3 years proven experience of working with the community and recruiting volunteers
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good listening skills
- Excellent written English and Grammar Skills
- Excellent reporting skills
- Experience of using Microsoft Office is essential
- Drivers’ License and access to a vehicle is essential
- Experience of Publisher and Powerpoint are desirable
- Experience of some corporate fundraising is desirable
- Training & development opportunities
- 28 days holiday - rising to 33 with length of service
- Flexible working arrangement including a hybrid model of home and office working
This post can be full time or part time, however we would expect the ideal candidate to commit to 30 hours per week, Monday to Sunday.
Deadline Date: 6th August 2021 at 4pm
Interview dates: Thursday 19th and Friday 20th August 2021
Please send CV's
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.