We have an opportunity for a Head of Services to join us based in Birmingham. You will join us on a full-time permanent basis and receive a competitive salary of £45,000 - £52,000 per annum.
Servol Community Services is an established charity providing person-centred support to adults affected by and recovering from mental health conditions. Support is provided to people in accommodation that meets their needs, including residential 24 hour staffed services and semi supported accommodation.
The Head of Services post is a new role, working closely with the CEO, developing informed strategy and leading, managing and supporting staff within Servol’s diverse functions/services to deliver sustainable and successful outcomes. This role also requires strong, visible and influential leadership of Servol and to deputise for the CEO in their absence.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Head of Services include:
1. Managing the delivery of a range of services which meet the highest professional standards, in accordance with the organisation’s objectives and core values.
2.Manage, supervise, and develop staff and volunteers.
3. Act as a trusted advisor to the CEO, and extended management team.
4. Oversee the delivery of the IT services and operations, supported by efficient and fit for purpose processes demonstrating value for money.
5. Ensure effective facilities management and administration services are in place to enable the charity to fulfil economic and safe service delivery.
6. Ensure relevant statutory, regulatory, and professional standards are wholly achieved in relation to policies, processes, and procedures, particularly in respect of governance and employment legislation and IT functions.
7. Set and encourage high standards of performance and demonstrate a commitment to good practice and continual improvement in all areas of the organisation’s operations.
8. To manage and review contract rates to ensure competitiveness and maximize income generation.
9. Deputise for the CEO when necessary including attending meetings and preparing and presenting reports.
10. Pro-actively monitor and evaluate activities within Servol’s business through the development and delivery of effective cross service monitoring and evaluation, responding to issues and identify/follow up opportunities.
11. Secure/seek new business opportunities, develop, and write funding bids, and produce and lead on tender responses, and produce progress reports.
12. Develop business case funding/tender reports for funders, commissioners and the Board of Trustees.
13. Support the CEO strategic leadership role as an active member of the Senior Management Team, including being proactive in providing solutions to strategic issues with and for colleagues
14. To participate actively in strategic planning process in the following ways:
- Leading on/inputting to the planning and development of projects (both existing and new)
- Proactively alerting staff and trustees to potential opportunities and threats to the charity
15. Lead on the delivery of a sustainability plan.
16. Manage overall budgets for services across the organisation and produce reports related to these.
17. Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation.
Skills and experience required to become our Head of Services:
- Educated to Degree/NVQ L7 level or equivalent in Health and Social Care, Marketing & Communications, Advice and Guidance, Training or Business/Voluntary Sector Management
- Able to grasp corporate and functional business objectives
- Have worked in a multi locational role previously
- An working knowledge of the commissioning of services within the social care sector
- Previous senior operations management within a social care setting or at a junior level position is essential
- Managerial experience of agency/partnership working within the NHS/PCT or Strategic Level Contracts
- Ability to work with financial, budgetary and management controls
- Analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, political acumen and awareness of changing policy
- Proven experience of developing partnership and projects with public, voluntary and private sector organisations
If you feel that you have the skills and experience required to become our Head of Services, please click ‘apply’ today – we would love to hear from you.