We’re on the hunt for a Programme Officer (Remote Service) to join us at this exciting stage in Settle’s development. As a result of our learning from adapting to delivering remotely since March 2020, we are piloting a remote service. This remote service will be delivered for 12 months and if successful we aim to apply for further funding to extend this project. This is a brilliant opportunity to shape and test a remote tenancy support service. This is a new position and will be an integral frontline role in a dynamic and fast-growing charity. We’re a small team taking big steps to tackle youth homelessness.
As a Programme Officer (Remote Service), you will be working on the frontline, delivering 1:1 remote sessions with marginalised young people based outside of London. You’ll work closely with our partners to ensure the smooth delivery of our contract and report to the Programme Manager. You will join a team of 5 Programme Officers.
Supporting vulnerable young people
You’ll be delivering our programmes remotely and working 1-1 with marginalised young people across London. You’ll manage a caseload of young people and be a shining role model to those you’re supporting.
Working with delivery partners
You’ll be working closely with our delivery partner, Hyde Housing, to ensure the young people are getting the best support out there. Whether that’s liaising with social landlords or local debt advice charities.
Collecting crucial impact data
You’ll be meticulous in your collecting and reporting of data, understanding that this information is crucial to demonstrating our impact to funders and clients. You’ll keep your notes and our databases up to date with accurate information.
You’ll work closely with Programme Officers that are delivering our in-person service to ensure you are learning from them and they are learning from your experiences. You will collaborate with our Fundraising Officer to ensure that the funders supporting this pilot will have any relevant updates on frontline work.
Getting stuck in
We’re a small team and you’ll be ready to get stuck into new projects and opportunities as they arise - stretching yourself and developing your expertise.
- Reports to: Programme Manager
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Salary: £21,000 (plus £3,000 London weighting)
- Hours: Part-time or full-time considered. We are recruiting equivalent to 1.6 FTE. (minimum of 3 days a week)
- Contract: 12 month fixed term, subject to 3 month probation period
- Location: Home-working, with regular travel to London (approx. 1 day a week)
- Closing date: Sunday 2nd August 11:30 PM, 1st round interviews 13th or 14th August
- Lovely open plan office in Hackney, right next London Fields and Broadway Market
- Scope to take real ownership in a fast-growing startup
- Strong commitment to professional development - with a £500 training budget
- Up to 3% pension contribution
- 25 days paid annual leave per year
- Access to an employee assistance programme and cycle to work scheme
How to apply
Further detail in the job description. You'll need to email your CV and application (answers to the below) to us - email address can be found in the job description or on our website.
The closing date for the role is Sunday 2nd August at 11:30 PM. 1st round interviews 13th or 14th August. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, interviews will take place via video call. If you are not able to do this, first round interviews can take place by telephone.
In your application please answer the below questions (no more than 2 sides of A4):
- Settle uses a coaching model to underpin their work with young people. Why do you think this is important and what are the benefits to the young person?
- Please expand on how your experiences and skills are suitable for this role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.