About the role
We’re on the hunt for a Programme Officer to join us at this exciting stage in Settle’s development. Over the next few years we will be rolling out our programme to hundreds of young people across London and delivering a 12 month pilot of a remote service. Our target is to work with 150 young people this year and to grow to 250 young people next year. We are really pleased to be growing during this difficult time to ensure that more young people receive vital support to manage their first tenancy. You can read more about how we have responded to the Covid-19 pandemic here. This is a brilliant opportunity to take an integral frontline role in a dynamic and fast-growing charity. We’re a small team taking big steps to tackle youth homelessness. As a Programme Officer, you will be working on the frontline, delivering 1:1 sessions with marginalised young people across the capital. You’ll work closely with our partners to ensure the smooth delivery of our contract and report to the Senior Programme Officer. You will join a team of 5 Programme Officers.
- Supporting vulnerable young people
You’ll be delivering our programmes and working 1-1 with marginalised young people across London. You’ll manage a caseload of young people and be a shining role model to those you’re supporting.
- Working with delivery partners
You’ll be working closely with our delivery partners to ensure the young people are getting the best support out there. Whether that’s liaising with social landlords or local debt advice charities.
- Collecting crucial impact data
You’ll be meticulous in your collecting and reporting of data, understanding that this information is crucial to demonstrating our impact to funders and clients. You’ll keep your notes and our databases up to date with accurate information.
- Working collaboratively
You’ll work closely with Programme Officers that are delivering our in-person service and our remote service to ensure you are learning from them and they are learning from your experiences.
- Getting stuck in
We’re a small team and you’ll be ready to get stuck into new projects and opportunities as they arise - stretching yourself and developing your expertise.
- Reports to: Senior Programme Officer
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Salary: £24,000
- Hours: Full time
- Contract: 12 month fixed term, subject to 3 month probation period
- Location: Currently home-working due to Covid-19. Office is in London Fields, Hackney. Once homeworking finishes, you’ll work at the office and across Greater London.
- Closing date: Sunday 23rd August 11:30 PM, 1st round interviews 1st or 2nd September
- Lovely open plan office in Hackney, right next London Fields and Broadway Market
- Scope to take real ownership in a fast-growing startup
- Strong commitment to professional development - with a £500 training budget
- Up to 3% pension contribution
- 25 days paid annual leave per year (excluding bank holidays)
- Access to an employee assisstance programme and cycle to work scheme
Settle is an award-winning charity that supports vulnerable young people moving into their first home. Our mission is to break the cycle of youth homelessness by equipping young people with the life skills and confidence they need to thrive. Since launching in 2015 we’ve supported hundreds of young people across London and we’re proud to have been a Guardian Public Service Awards finalist in 2019 and to have been voted the ‘Best Tenant Support Programme’ at the National Housing Excellence Awards 2016. We work with some brilliant partners - from the Cabinet Office and Lloyds Bank to local authorities and housing associations across London. We’re now ready to take things to the next level in pursuit of our mission. We’re a deeply committed team of 10 supported by a brilliant board of 5 trustees who help us achieve our social mission.
How to apply
You'll need to email your CV and application (answers to the below) to us - email address can be found in the job description or on our website.
The closing date for the role is 11:30 PM, Sunday 23rd August. We will be holding first round interviews on the 1st and 2nd September. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, interviews will take place via video call. If you are not able to do this, first round interviews can take place by telephone.
In your application please answer the below questions (no more than 2 sides of A4):
- Settle uses a coaching model to underpin their work with young people. Why do you think this is important and what are the benefits to the young person?
- Please expand on how your experiences and skills are suitable for this role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.