Fundraising Manager – Individuals
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Severn Valley Railway Charitable Trust, taking the reins of Individual Giving fundraising. This is your chance to join a passionate local charity that is committed to safeguarding the Severn Valley Railway. In 2012 the Charitable Trust was established to help future proof this much loved major tourist attraction, and eight years on we have raised over £5million. We are now embarking on our next chapter, to raise £10million, would you like to come on board?
Post: Fundraising Manager, Individual Giving
Reporting to: Director of Development
Employer: Severn Valley Railway Charitable Trust
Salary: £30,000 to £35.000
Primary location: Number One, Comberton Place, Kidderminster
Hours: Part-time (30 hours)
Holiday: 31 days (inclusive of Public holidays)
Summary of Role
This is a fantastic opportunity to bring your proven fundraising experience in individual giving to this driven and passionate heritage charity. The Severn Valley Railway Charitable Trust is a separate entity to the SVR Holdings Company who operate and run this much loved attraction. The Trust’s focus is to help secure the future of the Severn Valley Railway through donations, grants and sponsorship. This position is a hands on role and initially comes with line management of a part-time Fundraising Co-ordinator and 3 volunteers. We envisage this area of the business growing as the successes of your initiatives are realised. We have been extremely successful in our individual giving thus far, but it is time for a new experienced fundraiser to take it to the next level, focusing on both acquisition and retention, and building a stronger fundraising volunteer base to assist you in delivering your plans. Your remit will involve a mix of fundraising techniques, including 1-2-1 fundraising to our high value donors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy and Planning
- To increase income generated from individual giving fundraising activities.
- To create and execute a donor acquisition and retention strategy.
- To manage the individual giving budget in line with objectives and KPIs, reporting to the Director on income and expenditure and highlighting variances in a timely manner.
- To test, monitor, evaluate and implement existing and new channels and key messages that allow two-way engagement with donors.
- To develop long term sustainable income through identifying the audiences, channels and messages that will maximise effectiveness and efficiency.
- To develop high quality supporter care including responsive and prompt donor care and stewardship and to support the Fundraising Co-ordinator to implement these.
- To develop a volunteer-led model of fundraising.
- To manage and deliver integrated online and offline campaigns.
- To manage the design, print and production of direct marketing activity, negotiating bought in services and ensuring invoices are in accordance with quotes.
Administration and Reporting
- To manage the Individual Giving budget and provide monthly updates to the Director.
- To keep accurate and up to date records of all activities, using ThanksQ CRM database, extracting reports for the team as required, and maintaining high standards in customer care and record keeping.
- To provide management and guidance to the Fundraising Co-ordinator to ensure that KPIs and objectives are achieved and a clear personal development plan is in place.
- To build strong internal working relationships with colleagues and externally with supporters.
- To work with the SVR Holdings Marketing and Communications team to gain support and cross selling opportunities within the different SVR audiences.
·To work with the Director to review the Trust’s CRM database and consider an Organisation wide CRM system.
·Proactively ensure all materials produced are accurate and compliant with relevant GDPR protection and Gift Aid legislation.
·To undertake all activities in line with best practice standards and processes as set out by the Fundraising Code of Practice and industry regulatory bodies.
·To keep abreast of all developments in Individual Giving and ensure charity compliance.
·To contribute to the Fundraising Team’s strategic planning and budget process.
·To carry out any other tasks as reasonably requested.
·To actively implement the principles of Equality and Diversity.
Educated to degree level and / or an accredited fundraising qualification such as Certificate or Diploma in Fundraising.
- Developing and implementing an Individual Giving strategy.
- Managing and developing team members.
- Increasing income through donor acquisition and retention.
- Using a fundraising database to record data and extract intelligence accurately.
- Implementing donor segmentation, targeting and positioning strategy.
- Knowledge of a range of fundraising products, recruitment channels and engagement channels.
- Managing income and expenditure budgets.
- Presenting to internal and external stakeholders.
Skills and abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to engage audiences using a range of communication tools.
- Strong direct marketing skills; skilled at devising and delivering social media and print campaigns.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and to secure resources and support from colleagues in different business areas.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills; confident and personable with the ability to manage and build strong relationships with key individual donors and organisations.
- Strong organisation and time management skills. Able to plan / prioritise own work and meet agreed deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and methodical approach to tasks.
- Competent use of MS Outlook, Excel, Word and the Internet.
- Strong numerical / budgeting skills.
- Strong data processing skills.
- Experience of social media campaign management.
Attitude and Personal Qualities
- Motivated, reliable and professional.
- Flexible, able and willing to respond to changing priorities.
- Strong team player with collaborative working style, who enjoys individual and team working.
- Willing to participate in all activities relevant to the role.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Commitment to GDPR and Fundraising Code of Practice.
- Commitment to the principles of Equality and Diversity.