This is a new role and big step for the organisation. The primary responsibility of the Operations Director will be to ensure that the systems, HR policies, processes and support are in place and implemented to deliver, maintain and build sustainable organisational growth.
You will be responsible for the following areas:
- Implementation of our 3 year Strategy including detailed annual planning
- Shaping, implementing and strengthening the charity’s policies, processes, management and infrastructure to support its continued growth and impact
- Finance – management and accounts, and budget generation
- Fundraising and other income generating activities
- Overseeing the operation of our Library of Things, Repair Cafes and other projects
- People management and development, including resource planning
- Premises and facilities management
- Marketing and communications - internally and externally
- Project oversight and development
You will lead or be responsible for delivering the following activities,
Lead the management and growth of our activities including the Library of Things, Repair Cafes, Home Kit and HOW TO Workshops and other projects in line with our vision and strategy.
Effective budget planning and control covering all income and expenditure.
Human Resource Management
The management and effective deployment of two part-time General Managers, 150+ volunteers, other freelance staff and interns.
Implement HR processes covering performance management and appraisal.
Forward resource planning in line with our strategy
Marketing, Social Media, Public Relations and Communications
Oversee the promotion of our activities across all media channels
Lead the social media & publicity team.
Ensure that internal communication, particularly to our volunteers is regular, relevant and effective to develop their engagement
Ensure that the charity’s work and its Vision are consistently presented in strong, positive images to all relevant stakeholders, including potential funders.
Alongside the Trustees and volunteers to lead the fundraising to deliver our three year strategy by:
- identifying funding sources,
- establishing strategies to approach funders,
- submitting proposals and administering fundraising records and documentation.
Work alongside volunteers and staff to create effective project proposals and budgets
Advocacy, Partnership & Business Development
Develop support for Share and Repair along with progressing and maintaining senior level contacts; develop partnerships with supporters and donors.
Represent the charity in a networking capacity, seeking out and investing in beneficial partnerships with other environmental organisations - charities, local authorities and schools.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.