This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Do you want to help disabled people improve their digital literacy? Technology plays an important role in the lives of people with learning disabilities, helping them connect with the world in ways that weren’t previously possible.
We need an experienced tutor to run engaging group sessions that teach people how to confidently use technology to live more independently and increase their employability.
Share is a registered charity and a centre for training and wellbeing. We provide a range of programmes helping adults with learning disabilities, autism and other support needs become more happy, healthy and independent. Our vision is a world where disabled people are fully included in society, living the life they choose, and we need talented people to help us make that happen.
- You’ll plan and deliver activities that help people gain accredited digital skills qualifications or build portfolios to demonstrate what they’ve learnt.
- You’ll identify and source appropriate digital devices, apps, and assistive technology to help people develop life and work-based skills.
- You’ll advise and guide our students in their use of devices to help them use technology independently.
- You’ve previously supported people with learning disabilities and autism, and you know how to create interactive sessions to help them build confidence and self-esteem.
- You appreciate the power of digital knowledge to positively transform lives and you’re adept and competent using different technologies to help people learn and grow.
- You have the energy, creativity, and empathy to inspire those around you and help them reach their goals.
- Most importantly, you share our strong commitment to the inclusion of disabled people in society, and you believe in equality for all.
Why work for us?
Share is committed to empowering disabled people. You’ll make a difference every day, helping people to live as independently as possible.
Our values drive us forward. They provide the framework for everything we do, including who we hire. We believe everyone has something to offer others, and we build on people's individual talents, interests, and abilities. We think happy employees are successful employees.
We won employer of the year at the Wandsworth Business Awards in 2019 and we hold gold Investors in People accreditation. This means we truly understand the value of people: we focus on what people can do, not what holds them back. And we have robust policies in place so that every single person working at Share takes ownership for making our programmes come to life.
We’ve been praised for our supportive working environment where everyone has a voice and is valued. You’ll be surrounded by people who support you, challenge you, and inspire you.
How to apply
We actively encourage applications from people from minoritised ethnic communities and with lived experience of a learning disability and/or autism. This is because we believe our staff should reflect the diversity of our student body wherever possible in order to provide the best possible service.
To apply for this role, please send us your CV and a cover letter addressing the three questions below:
- What is your experience of working with SEN adults in a training capacity?
- What is your understanding of challenging behaviour?
- How would you use digital technology to increase independence in our student's day-to-day lives?
If you would like to have chat about the role or visit us prior to applying, please contact a member of the HR team.
We focus on ability and believe people work best when they feel valued, safe and happy. We do all that we can to make sure that Share is friendly and welcoming to everyone. All CVs and applications are sanitised to ensure unbiased recruitment.
This job is subject to two satisfactory references, evidence of qualifications, an enhanced DBS check and providing evidence of the right to work in the UK. If you are disabled and would like to discuss other ways of submitting your application, please contact us.
We look forward to receiving your application.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.