12 - 30 hours per week - 6 hours per day, 9.30am - 4.30pm
£19,201 pro rata / £10.55 per hour plus 3% pension
25 days annual leave per year pro rata (increasing by one day per year until you reach a maximum of 30)
Closing date: Tuesday 10th December 2019 at midnight
Interview date: Tuesday 17th December 2019
You will work across our Independent Living, Basic Skills and Digital Skills projects to support our students (adults with learning disabilities and/or autism), to achieve their goals. You’ll:
- Support the delivery of sessions
- Provide 1-1 support to students to ensure full inclusivity and enjoyment by everyone
- Enable students to develop their skills, be able to better manage new or challenging social situations and live healthier and more fulfilled lives
- Provide pastoral wellbeing support to students
- Do some basic administration support to our tutors and the wellbeing team
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate would:
- Have experience of working within a social care, health or support worker role, with adults with learning disabilities and autism
- Have a strong commitment to the inclusion of disabled people in all aspects of life
- Be an energetic people person, be able to follow instructions whilst being able to use initiative to problem solve and think on your feet
- Be patient, supportive and empowering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At Share, we’re passionate about supporting disabled people to set their own goals for learning and life, and then helping them to achieve their aspirations. We offer a range of training, employment, personal development, and leisure opportunities. Enabling people to be more independent and self-directed, able to make informed choices, healthier and more resilient, and fully socially included is at the heart of our work. We recently won the prestigious award of Employer of the Year at Wandsworth Business Awards 2019. We also hold the Investors in People accreditation and we are accredited by the National Autistic Society.
You can download the full Job Description and Person Specification from Charity Job or from our website.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and equal opportunites form and return both by Tuesday 10th December 2019. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 17th December 2019.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.