We are particularly interested in candidates that will add diversity to the ShareAction team.
Purpose of the role
ShareAction is undergoing a period of growth and organisational development that offers us a major opportunity to realise our strategic goals and achieve greater public benefit as a charity. To realise this opportunity, we need wise, experienced and confident leadership of our Finance and Operations functions. You will support the organisation in making well-judged recommendations and decisions and executing them ably. You will bring ShareAction’s values of courage, persistence, independence, respect and inclusivity to life in your own work and in the Finance and Operations teams who report to you.
In your delivery of this critical role, you will build the confidence of key internal and external stakeholders: board of Trustees, Executive Leadership team, staff, funders and partners.
The Director of Finance and Operations is responsible for providing confident and dynamic leadership of ShareAction’s financial management, risk management and operations in line with the charity’s vision and strategy. The Director will report to the CEO and account to the Chair of the Finance, Audit and Risk Committee of the board.
Working alongside the CEO and Leadership Team (LT), the Director will develop and implement plans that ensure robust financial, risk and operational management of the charity at a time of growth and change. The Director will have overall responsibility for ShareAction’s Financial Management, Risk Management and Compliance, IT, Facilities and Governance Services.
Joining ShareAction at this crucial time, the successful candidate will have the opportunity (subject to funding) to oversee and shape the continued expansion and development of both the Finance and Operations teams in support of wider organisational growth.
- Providing strategic, inspirational and sensitive leadership of the finance, risk and operations functions in the service of ShareAction’s strategy and goals;
- Providing empowering and empathetic management of staff who report to you and their growing teams, helping them to develop their own management skills, their internal profile and the effectiveness of their work in the service of ShareAction’s goals;
- Developing budgets and financial plans for ShareAction in partnership with the CEO and Leadership team. Working with senior colleagues across the organisation to empower them in making effective financial decisions and managing risks in their areas of responsibility;
- Working closely with the fundraising team to ensure that bids and reporting have the correct financial data included;
- Overall responsibility for the development and implementation of ShareAction’s short-to long-term strategy for facilities (office management, ethical procurement, disaster recovery, regulatory compliance) and IT (Infrastructure, Hardware, Software, Security, Data Protection);
- Overall responsibility for maintaining and operating our organisation-wide risk management framework and for ensuring ShareAction is compliant with relevant financial and legal obligations, including statutory financial reporting;
- Responsible for the establishment and embedding of effective and proportionate organisational processes and systems across the organisation, ensuring alignment with ShareAction’s values and culture.
- Experience of managing staff in a hybrid working environment;
- Experience of programme monitoring and evaluation;
- A track record of action on diversity and inclusion;
- Experience of philanthropic fundraising and funder relationship management;
- Knowledge of data protection regulation/GDPR
To apply, please complete the application form on the ShareAction online recruitment portal via the Apply button.
Closing date: 23 September 2021
Interview dates: First-round interviews will be held 30 September and 1 October 2021. There will be a minimum of three interview stages.