Full-time, but with some flexibility possible
ShareAction is a charity and campaigning organisation working to unleash the power of the financial system to drive social progress and protect our environment. We focus on transforming the investment system, using it as a lever to generate positive social and environmental impact in the real world.
We do this by:
- Educating and working with investors to improve their practices;
- Influencing the policy-makers and industry regulators that can ensure the investment system serves society’s interests in the long-term;
- Campaigning to unlock the power of investors, as shareholders in companies, to change corporate behaviour (on issues such as climate change, good work and human rights, sustainable food and public health);
- Mobilising ordinary people, who have a stake in the investment system through their pensions and savings, to demand a change in how their money is invested;
- Collaborating with other civil society organisations who share our vision.
We are looking for a Funding Manager to join our ambitious Development team. ShareAction is a growing charity working in an area that is attracting increased attention from a variety of philanthropic trusts and foundations across the UK, EU and, increasingly, the USA.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to shape and develop further the current programme. Building on an already extensive portfolio of funders, the successful applicant will manage these relationships to maximise income whilst developing new partnerships, working on a wide range of funding applications across grant making trusts, foundations and statutory funders. We are particularly interested in applicants with experience of fundraising from statutory sources across the EU.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Leading on, or being a key contributor to, securing major multi-year programme grants from UK, EU and global statutory sources, foundations and trusts, major annual grants and core grants;
- Supporting the Senior Fundraising Manager to ensure a co-ordinated and collaborative organisational approach to fundraising, including keeping the whole team up to date regarding new opportunities and identifying/communicating next steps;
- Cultivating and maintaining positive funding relationships through timely reports and updates, meetings and events as appropriate;
- Working with the Senior Fundraising Manager and the Fundraising Assistant to ensure all monitoring and evaluation processes are robust and effective and meet the varying needs of our funders;
- Developing and maintaining a bank of project-specific and organisational case studies in line with our brand narrative;
- Taking a strategic approach to identifying and researching prospects and exploring opportunities for raising income for new and existing programmes and projects;
- Maintaining a professional knowledge of trust/foundation and statutory fundraising within the UK, EU and more widely, and identifying appropriate learning opportunities in association with the Senior Fundraising Manager in order to facilitate this.
Please note that this list isn’t exhaustive and the role might change slightly from time to time
We are looking for a passionate, determined individual, with the following experience and skills:
- A minimum of two years experience in trust and foundations fundraising, ideally with bid/proposal writing experience for five and six figure projects;
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal and the ability to communicate complex information and ideas;
- Exceptional organisational, project and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure, plan and prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines;
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple competing priorities, completing work to the highest standard;
- Experience of using CRM systems to manage a Trusts and Foundations portfolio, ideally SalesForce;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Experience in EU/US based statutory, trust and foundation fundraising;
- Experience in fundraising for climate, environment, social welfare, equality, poverty causes;
- Experience in statutory fundraising;
- An understanding and passion for the role of the investment system in driving positive change in corporate behaviour;
- Experience of working with Office 365, particularly SharePoint.
ShareAction values and respects all differences in people seen and unseen. One of the ways we do this is by actively encouraging staff to work in ways that best suit their needs and our flexible working policy outlines many of the options available- such as part-time and term-time working, job sharing, home working and working compressed hours. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Due to Covid-19 all interviews will take place online, you will also be expected to work from home for the foreseeable future
How to apply
To apply, please visit our website via the apply button.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Note that all personal information will be removed from applications prior to shortlisting which can delay the process in responding to applications.
Please note that to be considered for this post you must be legally eligible to work in the UK. Due to current restrictions we are unable to hire anyone that isn’t already living in the UK. Unfortunately we are unable to support visas.
Deadline: Monday 24 August at 9am