Hours: Full-time, but with some flexibility possible
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £32,000 + 8% pension (non-contributory) and benefits including a healthcare scheme
Deadline: Monday 28 September at 9am
ShareAction’s vision is of a world where the financial system powers environmental and social progress. We are dedicated to making the global investment sector responsible for its impacts, while mobilising its power to limit climate change, promote good work, and drive better health. This means a global financial system that:
- Respects the ecological limits of our planet
- Reflects and respects the societies it’s there to serve
- Rewards those who invest responsibly
We are a unique charity that works with the global financial system to campaign for positive corporate behaviour, and with civil society and individuals to build a movement that increases the pressure on the system to act responsibly.
Over the last 15 years ShareAction has built an enviable reputation for engaging with the global financial system, through asset managers, owners and financial companies. We painstakingly analyse and rank financial players against environmental and social indicators, and shine a spotlight on corporate behaviour. We work across the financial system and through policy makers in the UK and the EU to encourage engagement with the issues and drive systemic change.
We reach out to individual savers and civil society to inform and educate about financial products into which we all pay, such as pensions, and we are building a movement to demand that these significant funds are managed in a way that positively impacts society and our planet.
We are looking for a Fundraising Manager to join our ambitious Development team. ShareAction is a growing charity working in an area that is attracting increased attention from a variety of philanthropic trusts and foundations across the UK, EU and, increasingly, the USA.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to shape and develop further the current programme. Building on an already extensive portfolio of funders, the successful application will manage these relationships to maximise income whilst developing new partnerships, working on a wide range of funding applications across grant making trusts, foundations and statutory funders. We are particularly interested in applicants with experience of fundraising from statutory sources across the EU.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Manage a pipeline of prospects and take overall responsibility for securing the funding of certain projects or workstreams;
- Leading on, or being a key contributor to, securing major multi-year programme grants from UK, EU and global statutory sources, foundations and trusts, major annual grants and core grants;
- Work with the Senior Fundraising Manager to ensure a co-ordinated and collaborative organisational approach to fundraising, including keeping the whole team up to date regarding new opportunities and identifying/communicating next steps;
- Cultivating and maintaining positive funding relationships through timely reports and updates, meetings and events as appropriate;
- Working with the Senior Fundraising Manager and the Fundraising Assistant to ensure all monitoring and evaluation processes are robust and effective and meet the varying needs of our funders;
- Developing and maintaining a bank of project-specific and organisational case studies in line with our brand narrative;
- Taking a strategic approach to identifying and researching prospects and exploring opportunities for raising income for new and existing programmes and projects;
- Maintaining a professional knowledge of trust/foundation and statutory fundraising within the UK, EU and more widely, and identifying appropriate learning opportunities in association with the Senior Fundraising Manager in order to facilitate this.
Please note that this list isn’t exhaustive and the role might change slightly from time to time
We are looking for a passionate, determined individual, with the following experience and skills:
- A minimum of two years experience in trust and foundations fundraising, ideally with bid/proposal writing experience for five and six figure projects;
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal and the ability to communicate complex information and ideas;
- Exceptional organisational, project and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure, plan and prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines;
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple competing priorities, completing work to the highest standard;
- Experience of using CRM systems to manage a Trusts and Foundations portfolio, ideally SalesForce;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Experience in EU/US based statutory, trust and foundation fundraising;
- Experience in fundraising for climate, environment, social welfare, equality, poverty causes;
- Experience in statutory fundraising;
- An understanding and passion for the role of the investment system in driving positive change in corporate behaviour;
- Experience of working with Office 365, particularly SharePoint.
ShareAction values and respects all differences in people seen and unseen. One of the ways we do this is by actively encouraging staff to work in ways that best suit their needs and our flexible working policy outlines many of the options available- such as part-time and term-time working, job sharing, home working and working compressed hours. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Due to Covid-19 all interviews will take place online, you will also be expected to work from home for the foreseeable future.
Please note that to be considered for this post you must be legally eligible to work in the UK. Due to current restrictions we are unable to hire anyone that isn’t already living in the UK.
Due to our size we are unable to sponsor visas.
How to apply
To apply, please visit our website via the Apply button.