Full-time, but with some flexibility possible • One-year fixed term contract with a likelihood of becoming permanent
ShareAction is a charity and campaigning organisation working to unleash the power of the financial system to drive social progress and protect our environment. We focus on transforming the investment system, using it as a lever to generate positive social and environmental impact in the real world.
We do this by:
- Educating and working with investors to improve their practices;
- Influencing the policy-makers and industry regulators that can ensure the investment system serves society’s interests in the long-term;
- Campaigning to unlock the power of investors, as shareholders in companies, to change corporate behaviour (on issues such as climate change, good work and human rights, sustainable food and public health);
- Mobilising ordinary people, who have a stake in the investment system through their pensions and savings, to demand a change in how their money is invested;
- Collaborating with other civil society organisations who share our vision.
We are seeking to appoint a Project Officer to support delivery of our climate change corporate engagement programme. This includes the Investor Decarbonisation Initiative (IDI), which brings together institutional investors to encourage companies to set ambitious climate targets in line with the goals of the Paris Agreement. This is a critically important project to support ever more ambitious global action to tackle climate change. Beyond IDI, the job holder will have the opportunity to shape and be part of ShareAction’s future climate change corporate engagement campaigns. We are currently exploring areas for new campaigns, which could include hard to abate sectors, transport and biomass.
Although your role will be varied and open to some change in the activities you will undertake, below are the types of activities that you can expect to be doing:
- Plan and deliver campaign activity of the Investor Decarbonisation Initiative (IDI) with a range of activities, including researching targets, drafting letters, and arranging meetings with investors, companies and other stakeholders;
- Support investor engagement activity with target companies, managing relationships with both investors and companies, and facilitating engagement meetings and follow-up as appropriate;
- Support administration and recordkeeping for IDI, using the Salesforce CRM system;
- Where appropriate, manage relationships with external organisations, including funders and other partners involved in IDI;
- Provide input to climate change team efforts to develop new programmes, including contributing to funding bids;
- Play a role in wider team and cross-ShareAction activity related to climate change, to foster collaboration and partnership.
We are looking for a passionate, determined individual, with the following experience and skills:
- Understanding of current developments and global efforts to tackle climate change, particularly as this relates to the role of business and to science-based targets;
- Ability to analyse complex technical materials (including data) and make concise, relevant recommendations;
- Strong communication skills—both written and spoken English—and confidence interacting with a range of different types of stakeholder
- Excellent organisational skills, proven ability to manage competing demands on time while still meeting deadlines;
- Very strong attention to detail, able to deliver work of a high standard;
- Highly motivated, able to self-start and proactively seek guidance or direction where required;
- Team player with commitment to collaborative working and ShareAction’s values of accountability and transparency;
- Ability and comfort flexing between different areas of work.
- Understanding of responsible investment, responsible business and ESG issues;
- Experience in campaigning and making change happen, ideally in a corporate environment;
- Experience managing relationships with external stakeholders;
- Good understanding of GDPR;
- Proficiency with common office software including Microsoft Office, Outlook, SharePoint;
- Experience of using Salesforce CRM system.
ShareAction values and respects all differences in people (see and unseen). One of the ways we do this is by actively encouraging staff to work in ways that best suit their needs and our flexible working policy outlines many of the options available- such as part-time and term-time working, job sharing, home working and working compressed hours. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Due to Covid-19 all interviews will take place online and you will be required to work from home for the foreseeable future.
How to apply
Please send an up to date CV and cover letter by Monday 15 June 2020 at 9am. Please ensure that your cover letter is no more than one side of A4 and that you address all of the criteria in the person specification by giving details of work experience (paid or voluntary), skills and achievements relevant to this post, and any other information to support your application.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Note that all personal information will be removed from applications prior to shortlisting.
Please note that to be considered for this post you must be legally eligible to work in the UK. Due to current restrictions we are unable to hire anyone that isn’t already living in the UK.
Closing date: 9.00am on Tuesday 9 June 2020.