Full-time, but with some flexibility possible
ShareAction is a charity and campaigning organisation working to unleash the power of the financial system to drive social progress and protect our environment. We focus on transforming the investment system, using it as a lever to generate positive social and environmental impact in the real world.
We do this by:
- Educating and working with investors to improve their practices;
- Influencing the policy-makers and industry regulators that can ensure the investment system serves society’s interests in the long-term;
- Campaigning to unlock the power of investors, as shareholders in companies, to change corporate behaviour (on issues such as climate change, good work and human rights, sustainable food and public health);
- Mobilising ordinary people, who have a stake in the investment system through their pensions and savings, to demand a change in how their money is invested;
- Collaborating with other civil society organisations who share our vision.
The Senior HR & Operations Officer is an exciting new role working in the 5-person Operations team and reporting to the HR & Operations Manager. As a close-knit organisation with a strong team-based mentality, we are looking for someone who wants to be involved across a range of HR and operational areas.
You will manage all aspects of the employee lifecycle, maintain employee records and support the HR & Operations Manager and Director of Operations in the development and implementation of new HR policies, process and initiatives across ShareAction, including Mental Health and Wellbeing, L&D and more.
You will also ensure the smooth running of the ShareAction office by answering telephone calls, monitoring and ordering office supplies, and dealing with general day to day queries with the support of the HR & Operations Manager. Although we are currently all working from home due to lockdown this part of the role is still very valuable in supporting staff, all of whom are working remotely.
Although your role will be varied and open to some change in the activities you will undertake, below are the types of activities that you can expect to be doing:
- Managing all administrative aspects of the employee lifecycle, including attraction, recruitment and onboarding, learning and development, retention and engagement, and offboarding;
- Supporting the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems;
- Administering ShareAction’s HR system (Cezanne HR) and maintenance of employee records;
- Providing advice to staff across ShareAction on policies and procedures;
- Ensuring value for money in procurement; ordering, purchase and maintenance of office supplies;
- Managing general office queries, answering telephone calls and dealing with day to day matters arising in the HR and Operations sphere;
- Providing general administrative support to the Operations team as required.
We are looking for a passionate, determined individual, with the following experience and skills:
- Understanding of HR legislation, terminology and processes;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- Having an aptitude for problem-solving and decision-making;
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills;
- Experience of providing outstanding customer service;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality;
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently;
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- CIPD level 3 or working towards this qualification;
- Verbal and written proficiency in French;
- Familiar with working with HR systems;
- Experience of working in the charity sector.
ShareAction values and respects all differences in people (see and unseen). One of the ways we do this is by actively encouraging staff to work in ways that best suit their needs and our flexible working policy outlines many of the options available- such as part-time and term-time working, job sharing, home working and working compressed hours. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
ShareAction’s London office is currently based in vibrant Bermondsey and within 5 minutes walk of London Bridge underground and national rail.
Due to Covid-19 all interviews will take place online.
How to apply
Please send an up to date CV and cover letter by Monday 1 June 2020 at 9am. Please ensure that your cover letter is no more than one side of A4 and that you address all of the criteria in the person specification by giving details of work experience (paid or voluntary), skills and achievements relevant to this post, and any other information to support your application.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Note that all personal information will be removed from applications prior to shortlisting.
Please note that to be considered for this post you must be legally eligible to work in the UK. Due to current restrictions we are unable to hire anyone that isn't already living in the UK.