Head of Membership – Established Charity
Home Based (with nationwide travel, including to our Liverpool Head Office)
Shared Lives Plus is the UK network for shared living. Shared living can help tackle loneliness, reduce isolation and support people’s recovery after hospital treatment or from a mental illness.
We support a community of Shared Lives carers and workers who share their home and family life with a young person of adult who needs support to live an enjoyable life.
Members of our organisation include Shared Lives carers and workers, as well as those involved in Homeshare programmes. Our members have access to guidance on human rights, best practice for shared living and a community forum where they can connect with other carers. They also enjoy a broad range of benefits, including online discounts and cashback offers.
We are now looking for a Head of Membership to join us and ensure we continue to deliver an outstanding offering to our members.
- Salary of up to £40,780 per annum
- Work from home
- Contributory pension (4%)
- Life insurance
- 28 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Help to shape the strategic direction of the organisation
If you have experience of managing regulated services in the public or voluntary sector, this is a fantastic opportunity to support the ongoing success of a forward-thinking organisation.
You will have the chance to make your mark on our membership offering, which provides individuals with invaluable information and support.
As the Head of Membership, you will ensure that Shared Lives Plus members remain engaged with our organisation and continue to receive an exceptional level of support.
In this important role, you will develop our membership offering and identify ways to increase our membership numbers. Specifically, you will:
- Lead the team responsible for supporting and advising Shared Lives Plus members
- Identify ways to engage with existing and potential members
- Ensure that membership offers remain competitive and valuable
- Identify areas of concern for members and develop strategies to address these
- Make sure that we operate in line with relevant legislation
To join us as the Head of Membership, you will need:
- Experience of managing regulated services in the public or voluntary sector and/or supporting regulated organisations to develop, monitor and improve support services
- Previous experience of developing campaigns or influencing programmes
- Line management experience
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to engage with a variety of audiences
Other organisations may call this role Membership Manager, Head of Supporter Engagement, Charity Programme Manager, Head of Engagement, Senior Engagement Manager, or Senior Membership Manager.
Shared Lives Plus is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.
So, if you are looking to take on an exciting, new challenge as our Head of Membership, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.