The North East branch of ADASS is working in partnership with Shared Lives Plus to implement an ambitious growth and development plan for Shared Lives across the region. All twelve local authorities in the North East have collectively come together to achieve a regional approach to the growth, development and diversification of Shared Lives.
We are recruiting for a new and exciting role to support and coordinate the regional programme, support the delivery of communities of practice and delivery of a North East Shared Lives communications strategy. Within the role you will have responsibility for working in partnership with Shared Lives schemes in each local authority to deliver local action plans, liaising with key stakeholders and reporting on project progress to Directors of Adult Social Care (DASS).
The role will have responsibility for:
- Being the primary contact for the project
- Providing dedicated support to each local authority across the North East
- Project communication to stakeholders
- Raising the profile of Shared Lives across the North East
- Project monitoring
- The development of communities of practice which will explore the growth, development and diversification of Shared Lives across the region.
How to apply
Apply by sending an up to date CV and a supporting statement, which should be kept to a maximum of two pages. Please start your supporting statement by saying why you want to work for us and work in the Shared Lives sector. Your supporting statement will also need to demonstrate how you meet the requirements of each area of the person specification below:
- Relevant skills and experience
- How your knowledge, values and attitude make you a suitable candidate
- How you would meet the practical requirements of the job.
Please visit the Shared LIves Plus website for a copy of the Job Descriptions and Person Specification.ea
The closing date for this role is Friday 28th February 2020 at 1pm. Interviews will be held the week commencing 9th March 2020
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Mark Gallagher at Shared Lives Plus
Job Description and Person Specification
You will have responsibility for
- Providing dedicated support to each local authority involved in the Shared Lives North East Partnership
i. Being the primary contact for the project
ii. Work in partnership with key stakeholders in each region to successfully implement and deliver their local Shared Lives action plan. Stakeholders will include Shared Lives schemes and Shared Lives carers, people using Shared Lives and their families, steering group members, Directors of adult social Care (DASS)
iii. General administration tasks relating to governance of the project
- Project monitoring
- Developing and implementing project monitoring processes to keep track of progress against project milestones.
- Compiling regular project reports detailing the progress of project deliverables and outcomes for Shared Lives Plus, key project stakeholders and the project steering group
i. Raising the profile of Shared Lives to increase understanding and awareness of the Shared Lives model across the region and in each local authority partner.
ii. Leading on internal stakeholder communications.
iii. Showcasing the impact and outcomes of the project to local stakeholders across different media platforms and through the production of case studies, newsletters and impact reports
iv. Supporting the development and delivery of the regional communications strategy
- Development of communities of practice
i. Being the project lead for the creation, coordination, development and delivery of Shared Lives communities of practice. Communities of practice will bring together representatives from across the North East to develop ideas and share good practice regarding the growth, development and diversification of Shared Lives across the region.
ii. Producing stakeholder summary reports of the findings and outcomes from communities of practice.
5.1 Work in accordance with Shared Lives Plus’s aims, objectives, policies and procedures and promote a positive image of the organisation and its members.
5.2 Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required, commensurate with the level of the post. As Shared Lives Plus is a small organisation, all staff carry out 'hands-on' work at all levels, on occasion.
· Of working in a small team, using your initiative and organising and planning your workload
· Working with disabled people and their families
· Meeting and event planning
· Coordination of projects – where delivery is taken on by others but keeping things on track is your responsibility
· Liaison with client and colleagues to keep projects on course and moving forward
· Ability to manage time efficiently, to prioritise and to work well under pressure
· Competency in all aspects of Microsoft Office
· Good customer relation skills – wanting to go the extra mile for our customers; internal and external
· Good, positive and friendly telephone manner
· Able to coordinate colleagues and senior staff – ability to work across all levels of the organisation
· Some basic digital skills to support the Communications team
· Structured, diligent and committed to getting it right first time
· An understanding of Shared Lives and the philosophy and values underpinning our work and the sector
Values and Behaviours
Ability to demonstrate behaviours that reflect the Shared Lives Plus Values -
- Sense of Purpose
· Zest and Energy
· Commitment to empowering people who use services and their families
· Demonstrable commitment to working in ways which promote equality of opportunity and diversity
· Values the principles of co-production, empowering people who use services and partnership working
· You will be an energetic, tenacious and friendly person who enjoys meeting new people and building relationships
· Confident, Positive, and innovative
· A genuine team member – willing to help and support colleagues in a small team
· Ability to work the hours dictated by the needs and demands of the job (occasionally including evenings)
· Able to travel as and when required by the job
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.