In Shared Lives, the person moves into the carer’s own home either for short breaks or long-term as a place to settle and feel they belong. schemes. We believe everyone should be able to choose who they spend time with - and do what matters to them. We want to reduce loneliness and help make our communities more connected.
Shared Lives Plus is the UK membership organisation and charity supporting a network of more than 6,000 Shared Lives carers and 150 local schemes and a growing network of over 25 Homeshare organisations. We offer guidance, best practice, a community of people sharing their lives, legal advice and insurance.
This is an exciting new role supporting our strategic advice team, which offers consultancy support to local authorities and other public sector clients. It has been created to support the pivotal role that our income generation, external marketing/communications and back-office functions will play in our 5-year transformational strategic plan. You will need to be dynamic and able to manage a wide and varied workload. You will be particularly skilled at supporting internal communication between our busy teams. You will support our strategic advice team to keep track of progress against project timelines and to keep our external partners up to date, as well as producing reports where necessary.
1. To assist the strategic advice team’s general administrative processes, systems, business development and project delivery activity
2. Meeting and events co-ordination – plan and co-ordinate all activities to ensure successful delivery of meetings/training days/workshops, conferences and strategic advice project meetings
3. Produce reports to create profiles of existing Shared Lives carers and to identify and locate potential Shared Lives carers across local areas
4. Data Analysis - gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends, producing reports with recommendations when requested.
Main duties and responsibilities
1. To assist with general administrative processes and systems and provide support to the Shared Lives Plus staff team:
• Providing general admin support to the Shared Lives Plus strategic advice team
• Assist in developing marketing materials and surveys
• To undertake email shots and support other marketing activity
• Ensuring initial enquiries are responded to promptly and effectively, signposting where necessary.
2. Meetings, events co-ordination and project support:
• Co-ordinating meeting dates and ensuring Shared Lives Plus and local stakeholder attendance
• Collating initial information and co-ordinating requests to complete business cases and scheme reviews for clients
• Working with Shared Lives Plus ambassadors, to ensure their involvement in relevant meetings, events and projects, and making sure they are fully informed and prepared
• Co-ordinating stakeholder interviews and, when required, undertaking carer interviews.
3. Data analysis:
• Gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends
• Produce reports with recommendations
• Produce Acorn* reports using data on current carers in specified locations
• To produce evaluation reports when required.
4. Wider administration team:
• Attend meetings as organiser and minute taker
• Provide support to the wider team when peaks in workflow occur – e.g. Shared Lives Plus annual conference arrangements.
• Work in accordance with Shared Lives Plus’s aims, objectives, policies and procedures and promote a positive image of the organisation and its members
• Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required, commensurate with the level of the post. As Shared Lives Plus is a small organisation, all staff carry out ‘hands on’ work at all levels, on occasion.
*Acorn is a demographic database and marketing tool, available under licence to Shared Lives Plus. Full training will be provided.
Please submit your CV, along with a supporting statement telling us why you feel you’re the right person for us (please consider all the details in the job description and person specification). Short pre-interviews will be on 9th November 2021 with a half day interview process week commencing 15th November 2021. Closing date is 9am on 29th October 2021.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.