Counsellors – Home Based
Salary: £25,755.00 - £30,906.00 per annum
Contract type: Fixed Term
Total hours per week: 37.5
We are looking for Counsellors to join our team providing counselling services to participants accessing Shaw Trust’s services on our JETS programme across Home Counties and Central England.
This is a home-based role providing counselling support virtually.
- Home Countries geographical areas include: East of England - Kent, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk
- Central England geographical areas include: Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Bedfordshire & Buckinghamshire, Staffordshire, Walsall and Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Herefordshire & Worcestershire
About the Service
We provide solution focused therapeutic and mental wellbeing assessment sessions to participants who access support via our employability programmes.
As the Counsellor you must have a level 4 diploma in counselling, with at least 350 hours post qualification experience and be a member of a relevant professional body, preferably BACP, BABCP, UKCP or BPC.
You will provide focused therapeutic consultation and mental wellbeing assessment sessions to participants accessing support on our employability programmes. You will make assessments of participants mental wellbeing, delivering 8 SFBT (solution focused behavioural therapy) sessions for participants who require low level help with their health and wellbeing. You will help participants to develop coping strategies enabling them to focus on their present and future goals. You will complete assessments and reports adhering to quality, compliance, and professional measures.
- Diploma in Level 4 Counselling
- Person centred solution focused skills
- Post qualification 350 clinical hours
- Membership/accreditation of a professional body, preferably BACP, BABCP, UKCP or BPC
- Good IT skills including Microsoft packages
- Experience of delivering face to face, telephone and online counselling
- Experience of working with participants presenting with, self-harm, trauma, suicidal ideation, safeguarding concerns
- Experience of completing assessments
- Experience of keeping records to a high standard
- Able to provide high levels of customer service and manage a caseload of participants
Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For full details including the Job Description, Person Specification and how to apply online please click the Apply on Website button quoting ref: 23360
Closing date: Friday 24th September 2021
Interviews will take place virtually via Microsoft Teams from the week commencing Monday 27th September 2021.
This is a great time to join Shaw Trust as we grow our Health and Wellbeing division. As well as helping to make a positive difference to people’s lives as an employee of Shaw Trust you will receive:
- 25 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase additional holiday
- Discretionary 3.5 days paid leave at Christmas
- 2 days paid volunteering leave each year
Opportunities to connect
- Join one of our employee networks: LGBTQ+ Support Network, Racial Equality Network, Disabled Equality Network
Opportunities to progress your career
- Access to an online learning platform
- Access to internal apprenticeships
- Cross organisational career paths
Health and wellbeing
- Healthcare cash plan, giving you money back for health care costs including dentistry and eye care, and access to wellbeing apps
- Health and wellbeing programmes including counselling via our employee assistance programme
- Discounted gym membership
- An enhanced pension scheme after 6 months
- Life Assurance at 3 times your annual salary rate
- Online shopping discounts including supermarkets and DIY stores
To find out more about Shaw Trusts aims in our 2030 Strategic Directive available via oue website.
Join a diverse and inclusive organisation
Shaw Trust is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment, where every employee, regardless of their background or lived experience, feels that they belong and can progress in their career. We are Disability Confident Leaders, support the guaranteed interview scheme and use of the government’s Access to Work scheme. Living our values we are keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within our organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community including from people with lived-experience and/or knowledge of disability or social exclusion. If you have accessibility requirements and would like information in a different format please contact our HR Service Centre to make alternative arrangements.
Shaw Trust reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received.