We deliver the Thrive into Work service on behalf of the West Midland Combined Authority. We offer one-to-one support to anyone who experiences barriers to finding work because of their physical or mental health. This service is known as Individual Placement and Support (IPS).
As an Employment Specialist you will deliver our service in the West Midlands, supporting people who have a health condition which impacts upon their ability to gain work in stay in work, to find the right role for them.
This is a role where you can help to make a real difference to people’s lives. You will be working within communities (subject to Covid restrictions) embedded with Primary Care, Community Health Teams, and the wider community, delivering employment support to participants who want to find work, in parallel to the health treatment being delivered by NHS clinicians. You will meet with participants in local community settings such as libraries and cafes, providing one to one support to help people to find work. Our participants voluntarily access our services because they want support in finding work. You will be working with a maximum caseload of 30 participants, meeting and exceeding performance targets for referrals, programme starts, employer engagement, job starts and sustainment, in compliance with contractual guidelines and quality procedures.
You will be great at engaging with people and building rapport, you’ll be solution focused and confident to make connections to help support the participants progress into work, e.g. with local employers and professional referral sources. You will have experience of supporting people with mental ill health or other health conditions into employment.
You must have the following:
- Experience of supporting participants with mental ill health or other health conditions
- Experience of generating referrals
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of delivering outcomes and working to targets
Closing date: 30 September 2021.
We will be shortlisting candidates as they apply therefore if you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application asap.
About our Thrive into Work service
We help to empower people living with health conditions to find suitable and satisfying work. Research suggests that being in regular work has positive effects on your health. If you have a health condition, being in work can help you to improve support networks and find ways to manage your health and wellbeing.
Participants accessing our services receive tailored one to one support to meet their needs and employment goals, and receive support with finding the right job, and support once in work.
This role is peripatetic with a mix of home based and in community working. You must have a driving licence and a car as you will be visiting participants and colleagues out in the community in the West Midlands.
At Shaw Trust you will be joining a supportive, values driven team, who are passionate about helping people. Download the Job Description for full details and Person Specification. In addition to a competitive salary and being part of an organisation which makes a positive difference to people’s lives, as an employee of Shaw Trust you will receive:
- 25 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase additional holiday
- 3.5 days paid leave at Christmas
- 2 days paid volunteering leave each year
Opportunities to connect
- Join an employee network: LGBTQ+ Support Network, Racial Equality Network, Disabled Employee Network
- Join our employee voice group
Opportunities to progress your career
- Access to an online learning platform
- Access to internal apprenticeships
- Cross organisational career paths
Health and wellbeing
- Healthcare cash plan, giving you money back for health care costs including dentistry and eye care, and access to wellbeing apps
- Health and wellbeing programmes including counselling via our employee assistance programme
- Discounted gym membership
- An enhanced pension scheme after 6 months
- Life Assurance at 3 times your annual salary rate
- Online shopping discounts including supermarkets and DIY stores
Join a diverse and inclusive organisation
Shaw Trust is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment, where every employee, regardless of their background or lived experience, feels that they belong and can progress in their career. We are Disability Confident Leaders, support the guaranteed interview scheme and use of the government’s Access to Work scheme. Living our values we are keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within our organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community including from people with lived-experience and/or knowledge of disability or social exclusion.