We are expanding our Information, Advice and Guidance services for young people in London with our ‘Spark Change’ programme, funded by Greater London Authority (GLA) and European Structural and Investment Fund (ESIF).
As Manager of the Enable and Succeed workstream, you will provide leadership, line management and supervision to the Enable and Succeed team, and will help to mobilise activity and work closely with the management team to ensure sufficient resource is in place to deliver an effective service. You will ensure that effective quality and assurance processes are in place and understood by the team.
You will have:
- A level 4 qualification in either Guidance or Advice and Guidance, Employability or an equivalent qualification relating to working with young people and supporting them to progress (life coach, mentor, Youth worker etc).
- Experience of managing same or similar programmes.
- Experience, understanding and empathy with the lives of young people.
- Proven track record of running successful payment by results programmes.
- Experience of monitoring budgets.
This is a great time to join Shaw Trust as we grow our Information, Advice and Guidance services for young people in London.
Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Hybrid working with a mix of office, home and community working. Our service will cover the London Boroughs of Bexley, Brent, Hackney, Harrow, and Havering.
Occasionally you may be required to work during the evening or on a Saturday, for example if a young person’s event is taking place during an evening or on a Saturday. In this instance you will be able to take time back in lieu of hours worked.
For full details including the Job Description, Person Specification and how to apply online please click on the apply button.
Closing date: 28 November 2021
Please note that we will be shortlisting and telephone screening candidates during the advertising period.
As well as helping to make a positive difference to people’s lives our employee benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave per year (plus bank holidays), with incremental increases post 3 years’ service up to 28 days, and the option to purchase additional holiday
- 2 days paid volunteering leave each year
- An enhanced pension scheme after 6 months
- Life Assurance at 3 times your annual salary rate
- Access to a suite of learning and development opportunities including paid for apprenticeship and masters’ levels qualifications, and management development programmes
- Opportunities to connect with our employee diversity networks (LGBTQ+ Support Network, Racial Equality Network, Disability Equality Network, Women’s Network)
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including internal support, employee assistance programme and health cash plan
To find out more about Shaw Trusts aims in our 2030 Strategic Directive, please visit the website.
Join a diverse and inclusive organisation
Shaw Trust is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment, where every employee, regardless of their background or lived experience, feels that they belong and can progress in their career:
- We are proud to be certified as an employer who meets the National Equality Standard, the accepted standard for inclusiveness in business across the UK.
- We are Disability Confident Leaders, support the guaranteed interview scheme and use of the government’s Access to Work scheme.
- Living our values, we are keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within our organisation.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community including from people with lived experience and/or knowledge of disability or social exclusion.
If you have accessibility requirements and would like information in a different format, please email the HR Service Centre to make alternative arrangements.
Shaw Trust reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received.