Senior Therapist – Home Based
Salary: £33,000 to £38,0000
Contract type; Fixed Term
Total hours per week 37.5
We are looking for a Senior Therapist to lead a team of Counsellors providing counselling services to participants accessing Shaw Trust’s services on our WHP JETS employability programmes. This is a home-based role providing counselling support virtually.
About the Service
We provide solution focused therapeutic and mental wellbeing assessment sessions to participants who access support via our employability programmes.
As the Senior Therapist you must be a qualified counsellor, therapist or psychotherapist at level 5 as a minimum, with a recognised CBT qualification and integrated person-centred skills. You must have at least 450 hours of post qualification clinical experience and be a member of or be accredited with a professional body, preferably BACP, BABCP, UKCP or BPC. You will also be qualified and experienced in clinical supervision, able to provide group supervision.
As the Senior Therapist you will be responsible for overseeing the operational aspects of the counselling service, working alongside the Service Manager to assist with the implementation and continuing development of the service, including recruiting and managing a team of Counsellors/Therapists. You will manage the clinical supervision of staff including supporting with participant risk and safeguarding issues. You will also provide direct support to a small caseload of participants.
- Qualified counsellor/therapist/psychotherapist minimum at Level 5
- Recognised Cognitive Behavioural Therapy qualification and integrated person-centred skills
- Post qualification 450 clinical hours
- Membership/accreditation of a professional body, preferably BACP, BABCP, UKCP or BPC
- Intermediate IT skills
- Qualified and experienced clinical supervisor able to provide group supervision
- Good knowledge of emotional wellbeing, common mental health problems and how they present
- Good knowledge of self-help techniques related to mental health
- Good knowledge of Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT), stepped care model and referral pathways in local mental health services
Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For full details including the Job Description, Person Specification and how to apply online please click the Apply on Website button quoting ref: 23362
Closing date: 24 September 2021
We will be shortlisting and telephone screening candidates during the advertising period with interviews due to take place on the 29 September 2021.
This is a great time to join Shaw Trust as we grow our Health and Wellbeing division. As well as helping to make a positive difference to people’s lives as an employee of Shaw Trust you will receive:
- 25 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase additional holiday
- Discretionary 3.5 days paid leave at Christmas
- 2 days paid volunteering leave each year
Opportunities to connect
- Join one of our employee networks: LGBTQ+ Support Network, Racial Equality Network, Disabled Equality Network
Opportunities to progress your career
- Access to an online learning platform
- Access to internal apprenticeships
- Cross organisational career paths
Health and wellbeing
- Healthcare cash plan, giving you money back for health care costs including dentistry and eye care, and access to wellbeing apps
- Health and wellbeing programmes including counselling via our employee assistance programme
- Discounted gym membership
- An enhanced pension scheme after 6 months
- Life Assurance at 3 times your annual salary rate
- Online shopping discounts including supermarkets and DIY stores
To find out more about Shaw Trusts aims in our 2030 Strategic Directive available via our website.
Join a diverse and inclusive organisation
Shaw Trust is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment, where every employee, regardless of their background or lived experience, feels that they belong and can progress in their career. We are Disability Confident Leaders, support the guaranteed interview scheme and use of the government’s Access to Work scheme. Living our values we are keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within our organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community including from people with lived-experience and/or knowledge of disability or social exclusion. If you have accessibility requirements and would like information in a different format please contact our HR Service Centre to make alternative arrangements.
Shaw Trust reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received.