As the Volunteering Development Manager, you will manage the overall development and delivery of our Shaw Trust Volunteer offer, ensuring that we offer meaningful volunteering opportunities across Shaw Trust.
We currently have 750 volunteers, who gain valuable work experience across our different business areas including retail, employability, and education, utilising and developing their skills whilst supporting their local community. As Volunteering Development Manager, you will take the lead on the day-to-day support for our volunteers, managing governance around our volunteering opportunities, supporting with the recruitment and onboarding strategy for new volunteers. You will support our volunteer coordinators and develop our volunteer offer across the business working with a range of stakeholders, and lead on opportunities to grow and develop our volunteer offer.
We are looking for a Volunteering Development Manager who has:
- A comprehensive understanding and knowledge of volunteering innovation, best practice and sector standards.
- Demonstrable evidence of delivering service improvements, leading change and responding appropriately to internal and external pressures.
- Solid skills in identifying and analysing problems, issues and areas of improvement, working collaboratively to develop creative solutions.
- Demonstrable evidence of building and managing effective, credible and productive stakeholder relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Experience of or is comfortable working remotely.
For full details, including the job description, person specification and how to apply online, please click on the apply button.
Closing date: 24 October 2021.
This is a great time to join Shaw Trust as we go through a period of growth. As well as helping to make a positive difference to people’s lives as an employee of Shaw Trust you will receive:
- 25 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase additional holiday
- Discretionary 3.5 days paid leave at Christmas
- 2 days paid volunteering leave each year
Opportunities to connect
- Join one of our employee networks: LGBTQ+ Support Network, Racial Equality Network, Disabled Equality Network, Women’s Network
Opportunities to progress your career
- Access to an online learning platform
- Access to internal apprenticeships and masters level qualifications
- Cross organisational career paths
- Management and leadership development programmes
Health and wellbeing
- Healthcare cash plan, giving you money back for health care costs including dentistry and eye care, and access to wellbeing apps
- Health and wellbeing programmes including counselling via our employee assistance programme
- Discounted gym and online fitness membership
- An enhanced pension scheme after 6 months
- Life Assurance at 3 times your annual salary rate
- Online shopping discounts including supermarkets and DIY stores
To find out more about Shaw Trusts aims in our 2030 Strategic Directive, please visit our website.
Join a diverse and inclusive organisation
Shaw Trust is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment, where every employee, regardless of their background or lived experience, feels that they belong and can progress in their career:
- We are proud to be certified as an employer who meets the National Equality Standard, the accepted standard for inclusiveness in business across the UK.
- We are Disability Confident Leaders, support the guaranteed interview scheme and use of the government’s Access to Work scheme.
- Living our values, we are keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within our organisation.
- We welcome applications from all sections of the community including from people with lived experience and/or knowledge of disability or social exclusion.
If you have accessibility requirements and would like information in a different format, please email the HR Service Centre to make alternative arrangements.
Shaw Trust reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received.