This is a senior post within the Leadership and Management Team, with overall responsibility for the leadership and management of operations related to all services, projects and activities for carers.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, to be worked within the opening hours of the service which are 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday. Very occasional work outside these hours may be required, for which time off in lieu is available.
Salary scale: £32,346 - £34,315 plus 6.5% pension contribution
Location: the usual work location will be the office of Sheffield Carers Centre at Dearing House, Young Street, Sheffield. Due to the Coronavirus pandemic the postholder will work from home and/or the office, according to the requirements of the business.
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports: Advice and Assessment Service Manager; Community Connect Coordinator; Activities Development Coordinator.
Key Principles and Outcomes of the post
- Carers are at the centre of all services, projects and activities, in keeping with the mission of Sheffield Carers Centre.
- Services, projects and activities are delivered in ways that are preventative, personalised, inclusive and recognise the diversity of carers in Sheffield.
- The safe, effective and efficient delivery of all services, projects and activities for carers, based on an ethos and practice of continual improvement.
- The successful delivery of the contractual requirements of the Carers Service, ensuring compliance with the Care Act 2014 and accompanying guidance.
Service Development and Delivery
- Ensure the high quality and safe delivery of all the services, activities and projects for carers. These include the Carer Advice Line; Carers Assessments, support planning and Personal Budgets, Community Connect, the Carer Card, Carers Café and pro bono legal advice sessions.
- Ensure that services meet the key outcomes of being personalised and preventative.
- Ensure that the design and processes of the service provide the most effective and efficient service for carers and operate in an integrated way.
- Ensure that the delivery of Carers Assessments, support planning and Personal Budgets is of a high quality and complies with Care Act guidance, best practice and Council requirements.
- Develop existing and new activities, projects and services that are based on carers’ needs, feedback and evaluation of current services and opportunities, including funding, in conjunction with the CEO.
- Ensure that services are inclusive, culturally sensitive and cater for the diversity of carers in Sheffield.
- Ensure that confidentiality and data compliance and good practice are embedded into all processes and practices.
- Ensure that safeguarding and health and safety awareness and processes are embedded into operations, policies and practices.
- Ensure that services are adequately staffed through the recruitment, training, support and supervision of suitably qualified staff and volunteers.
- Ensure that staff and volunteer recruitment follow legal and best practice requirements.
- Ensure that learning and development needs are identified and met.
- Provide line management of designated posts.
- Provide the organisational lead for the volunteering function, ensuring best practice and consistency across the organisation.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Quality
- Lead for the monitoring and reporting of the Carers Service contract with Sheffield City Council.
- Responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of all services, activities and projects for carers, including the collection, analysis and reporting of relevant data.
- Coordinate and produce service delivery reports for Council commissioners, funders and internal use.
- Ensure that relevant policies, procedures, protocols and other relevant internal documentation is in place, reviewed and utilised appropriately.
- Lead on the delivery and maintenance of agreed quality standards for services, currently ISO 9001 – 2015.
- Develop positive working relationships with colleagues in Strategic Joint Commissioning, Adult Social Care and other relevant departments of Sheffield City Council.
- Develop and ensure positive working relationships with colleagues in other parts of the health and care system to ensure effective delivery of the Carers Centre’s services and other services for carers.
- Work with colleagues in the health and care system, including the voluntary and community sector, to contribute to and develop new projects, activities and services that benefit carers.
- Deputise for the CEO when required, including representing the organisation externally.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role of Head of Operations, as directed by the Chief Executive Officer.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.