Joining the Sheffield Cathedral team presents a range of exciting opportunities to be part of the development of an organisation that is actively seeking to freshen its engagement with a diverse range of people. The current team are ambitious for change and are committed to making our vision to be a 'place for all people' a reality.
We are therefore seeking an inspiring, encouraging, and collaborative leader, who will seek to inspire our team to live out our Vision, Values and Calling as the Cathedral in the City and a place for all people.
Main Purpose of the Role
- The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is the “most senior lay officer” working in partnership with the Dean and Chapter. The postholder will have the responsibility for the effective and professional administration of the Cathedral in compliance with all policies and procedures and relevant statutory legislation.
- The COO contributes to the formulation and implementing of strategy through participation at Chapter and with the Senior Management Team.
- Inspire and grow the staff team to enable them to fulfil their potential.
- Care for and conserve the fabric of the Cathedral church and its estate.
- Oversight and leadership in the generation of incremental revenues through innovative commercial events and activities.
- The COO has overall supervisory responsibility for all lay employees of the Cathedral and entity operations.
For more information, or to download a Job Pack, please visit our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.