Hampstead Heath, London
Closing date: 26 March 2020 at 11.30pm
We’re looking for an inspirational people person to join us as an Assistant Shop Manager in our Boutique by Shelter shop in Hampstead Heath. Boutique by Shelter is a series of charity shops with interiors designed by Wayne Hemingway bringing a modern, trendy retail space to the high street. Our first boutique shop opened in Finchley Road and due to its success we have opened a number of new shops across London. We’d like you to join us to help us raise vital funds for homeless and badly housed people.
You will be pivotal in assisting the Shop Manager in leading and empowering a team of volunteers to engage with the local community on Shelter’s cause, maximising the contribution of gifts of time from volunteers, the gifts of products from our donors and the gift of income from our customers. You will be the ambassador of Shelter on the high street; raising vital money for our cause. If you want to make a real difference to people at risk of homelessness, this is a unique opportunity to do just that.
We offer a wide range of benefits, including 30 days annual leave, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, childcare vouchers, pension and interest free travel loans. Our employees also have access to a tenancy deposit loan, cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance programme. Full training and support is also available to candidates that don’t have retail experience but do possess all the other skills required to do the job.
Your key responsibilities:
- Assist the Shop Manager in the recruitment, support and development of a strong community focused shop team and empower them to maximise Shelter’s income
- Represent Shelter in your local community, ensuring that you and your team responsibly share the knowledge of Shelter’s cause with customers, volunteers, donors and potential Shelter clients
- Ensure a safe, clean, bright and happy environment for your team to work in and for your customers to shop in, in turn attracting potential donors and volunteers.
And what you’ll need:
- Willing to take on a new challenge and a keen interest in Shelter’s cause
- Be an energetic person with an enthusiasm for managing and empowering people
- Knowledge of and the ability to recruit, develop and inspire a team of volunteers
- Extraordinary motivational skills
- Knowledge of increasing sales growth and controlling costs.
To find out more about the role and the benefits of working for Shelter please visit our website. Apply to be part of our team and be the change you want to see in society.
Safeguarding is everyone’s business. Shelter is committed to protecting the health, wellbeing and human rights of those we support, and enabling them to live free from harm, abuse and neglect. All our staff will be expected to observe professional standards of behaviour and conduct their work in line with our Safeguarding Policies.
At Shelter, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We also encourage applications from people, who have been homeless or have been at risk of homelessness. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
Shelter does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.