This role will work closely with all parts of the operations, communications, international and fundraising teams to drive, develop and deliver great quality content (both from the field and in the UK) for use by our fundraising and communications team in the UK and around the world.
Working with the Brand & Content Manager and wider team, the successful candidate will help deliver projects to bring the brand alive and support our fundraising, communications, international and operations teams to work within brand guidelines.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a creative talent, with excellent attention to detail. With a focus on regularly producing high quality video edits, written content and editing and curating compelling photographs, you must be highly proficient in Adobe creative suite and be able to demonstrate excellent copywriting / scriptwriting skills. You will also be a great relationship manager – particularly working closely with our operations team and operations partners.
It is also a requirement of this role to have a working knowledge of Premier Pro, Indesign, Photoshop and After Effects. With a strong creative approach, you’ll be able to pick up new ideas and concepts. The role will work across all content disciplines with a particular focus on the brand and helping others to make content effectively within brand guidelines.
The successful candidate will have experience in practical photography and film. You will need to be able to confidently pick up a camera and capture ShelterBox footage as well as being a passionate and proficient editor. This role will be required to deploy in both major disasters and pro-active content trips in the field and the UK – gathering content themselves and supporting external freelancers – once the necessary pre-deployment training has been completed and our teams are safe to travel again.
You will be self-motivated, with a can-do approach and able to confidently manage multiple projects across a variety of teams. You will be flexible in supporting the wider team, thinking strategically, with an ability to focus on both long and short-term objectives.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Help support and train the wider organisation to effectively create content within ShelterBox brand guidelines.
- Support the delivery of an online brand hub and updated brand guidelines.
- Support the Brand & Content Manager and Head of Brand & Content to develop a purpose led brand.
- Support a small roster of freelance creatives to adhere to brand guidelines when developing materials and assets and to stay abreast of latest brand developments.
- Help drive brand storytelling across the organisation.
Content gathering and training
- Act as the main point of contact for fundraising, communications and international teams looking for content. Advise and create content briefs to deliver across projects.
- Work closely with the operations team to highlight content gathering opportunities and ensure we are exploring all options for great storytelling across all our live deployments.
- Develop and deliver quality content training (online and in-person) for ShelterBox staff, ShelterBox Response Teams and partners (within GDPR, consent and ethical guidelines).
- Maintain regular verbal and written contact with teams in the field to ensure that they are optimising content gathering opportunities, to provide strategic or technical support and to maintain a strong working relationship with teams.
- Review and develop content gathering processes as part of post-deployment processes and apply a continual improvement approach to ensure we’re constantly optimising our ways of working in an iterative way.
- Identify opportunities for deploying with freelancers and complete preparation processes with support from Brand & Content Manager and operations.
Deployment and UK content gathering
- Gather case studies and interviews and shoot photography and video on deployment and in the UK.
- Deploy to gather content or train partners - dependent on funding and strategic need. At times this will involve taking freelancers on agreed trips. Note: Deploying in major disasters or to partner organisations may involve operating within ERA (enhanced risk assessment) areas so role will need to be HEAT (Hostile environment awareness training) trained.
- Deliver content projects from initial briefing through to final concept working with teams across the organisation.
- Support the team to provide content for digital channels – working to weekly/fortnightly editorial meeting outcomes.
- Use raw material gathered to produce engaging content with particular focus on video for digital.
- Produce and edit film, audio and photography. Write and edit copy with digital focus but also for fundraising and communications.
- Ensure all content follows the ShelterBox brand guidelines and tone of voice. This includes feeding back to teams and agencies on projects.
- Ensure all content follows sign-off processes.
- Manage and update Assetbank (our photo library) – or any other content sharing platform.
- Act as the key point of communication with Assetbank – working with ShelterBox IT to make sure stakeholders are able to access content.
- Update key stakeholders with weekly/monthly content round ups to ensure people are using the most recent assets.
- Help to manage our ShelterBox studio and photography, film and audio equipment for staff and volunteers.
Planning and team working
- Be an integral part of project planning.
- Use audience insights to inform plans.
- Offer knowledge of best practice and innovations from other organisations and sectors.
- Support the measurement-based approach of the Brand & Content team by contributing to monthly reporting as well as spotting trends and opportunities.
- Help to develop and implement a content strategy.
- Any other specific projects given by the Brand & Content manager.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.