The purpose of the Global brand team is to help establish ShelterBox as an international household name with a proposition built on trust, understanding and affection. Engaging story telling sits at the heart of our organisation and drives activity across multiple teams.
The content and brand manager will be required to build a powerful content planning, generation and sharing process in order for us to drive awareness of ShelterBox and its impact. The role will enable ShelterBox to craft a great brand and tell compelling stories to a global audience.
Delivery of a content strategy will be your main responsibility so you should be able to plan ahead, juggle multiple tasks and understand your audience. You’ll need to set clear objectives, prioritise workload for your team and yourself and most crucially, measure results. This role will involve working with contributors inside and outside of the building and across multiple time zones, so communication is key. Ensuring the flow of quality content in the form of case studies, information and insights, film and photography are crucial in allowing us to take the ShelterBox story to new audiences, creating fertile soil for fundraising asks to flourish.
Who are we looking for?
ShelterBox is seeking a strong communicator (written and verbal) able to articulate brand purpose and value, capable of adapting their delivery dependent on the audience to inspire and motivate, with a high level of attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for storytelling combined with an understanding of brand proposition and positioning so that they can connect a target audience with targeted content. They will be driven by a desire to connect, in a meaningful way, with audiences old and new and will continuously seek new ways to excite and enthral.
Experience of content marketing strategy and the application of great content across online and offline campaigns is desirable as is an interest in International aid.
The suitable candidate will bring experience in marketing, branding, copywriting and content development. Proven involvement in market research or brand auditing would be beneficial as would previous experience in the charity sector.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- This role will oversee the gathering, managing and sharing of great written, photographical and film content (briefing, creating and editing).
- Developing and implementing a content strategy that seeks to increase the frequency, quality and variety of raw case studies, photographs, video and other content from around the world. Also supporting bespoke requests to increase awareness and support amongst specific audiences/stakeholders.
- Embed robust procedures and systems to ensure delivery against KPIs (based on a target of expected number of usable content pieces per month). Update against progress on a monthly basis.
- Work with others to create some core organisational copy that effectively conveys our vision, speaking in a consistent manner and ensuring accurate messaging that adheres to latest brand standards.
- Responsibility for budget management, including monthly variance, future forecasting and exploiting opportunities for investment (against KPIs/objectives) and cost savings. Supporting the annual budgetary cycle.
- Work closely with the Operations team to understand ongoing deployments and seek opportunities for storytelling across the wider organisation.
- Work with Content Coordinator & Operations department to oversee the briefing, support and management of in-country content gatherers, from a content and brand perspective. Working to ensure the continued flow of information, designed to update supporters on our relief efforts around the world.
- Working with the Training department to develop an ongoing training scheme for staff, volunteers and specialists. Train, nurture and support a multi-layered network of field content gatherers.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of a year content plan ensuring outputs meet fundraising (and wider organisational) objectives.
- Reporting on content development against a series of key metrics, to apply an analytical approach to content development, regularly identifying areas for improvement and staying abreast of new ways to story tell.
- Supporting the Global Head of Brand to deliver a program of ongoing activity to manage and develop the ShelterBox global brand. Working to review and improve brand guidelines.
- Contributing to brand positioning and marketing activities. Helping to ensure brand consistency and inspiring teammates to ‘live the brand’. Shaping the ‘tone of voice’ and work with other teams to create core messaging.
- Ensuring a creative approach to brand development, with a commitment to staying up to date with developments in brand and generating new ideas.
- Responsible for the line management of the content team, ensuring successful delivery against project work, effective support and guidance and providing direct report support.
- Support the fundraising team, and others, to tell the ShelterBox story.
- Support the organisation-wide strategic plan objectives.
- Keep within the charity’s aims and objectives.