This is an exciting time at ShelterBox. We have ambitious targets of sheltering more and more families after disaster each year. A key enabler to achieving this strategic objective is a sustainable funding mix, including institutional (government) grants and contracts.
The Grants Manager is a new post that will deliver grant management for institutionally funded projects and programmes. The role will also be responsible for developing our organisational capacity to manage restricted grants more broadly, in coordination with other stakeholders from across the Global organisation. It is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of the organisation’s drive to scale up the delivery of its mission through institutional partnerships.
Who are we looking for?
ShelterBox is seeking an experienced, delivery focused, practical and proactive individual with a strong understanding of all aspects of institutional grants management and compliance. The role requires an ability to build strong relationships, negotiate, influence, and inform colleagues across the organisation in order to strengthen our ability to manage grants including institutional. You will need to be comfortable creating and developing the systems, processes and tools required for success, rather than working within a mature existing framework.
Main role and responsibilities to include:
- Accountable for delivering a portfolio of institutionally funded projects on time, to budget and to a standard commensurate with donor compliance requirements.
- In coordination with Head of Responses, Finance and Programme Funding Manager, lead on the development and continual improvement of grant management and reporting systems, processes, guidance, and tools for ShelterBox restricted projects.
- Foster donor relationships and ensure strong representation of ShelterBox and its impact globally.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Support the development of concept notes and proposals, coordinating across directorates and with Affiliates, to ensure the production of high-quality proposals that are reflective of ShelterBox’s strategic aims, purpose and meets the operational needs.
- Coordinate with Operational teams, Programme Funding Manager, Finance and support functions throughout the grant cycle to ensure appropriate set up of new grants, ongoing reporting and close out of grants.
- Liaise with Operational teams, Finance, MEAL (Monitoring Evaluation and Learning) and support functions to ensure the delivery of timely and accurate donor submissions including financial and narrative reports, budgets, workplans, forecasts, and responses to ad hoc requests.
- In conjunction with Operational teams, Finance, MEAL and support functions, review and approve reports, budgets and workplans from partners to ensure that donor requirements are being met, and adequate explanations are obtained for variances.
- Provide technical direction and support to ShelterBox staff and partners on grant management and reporting systems, and on donor compliance.
- Work with relevant teams within ShelterBox to plan and conduct monitoring of partners.
- Build and foster relationships with institutional organisations to support the development of fundable opportunities that enable the delivery of ShelterBox goals.
- Provide ShelterBox management with regular analysis of the project progress and burn rate.
- Ensure that the ShelterBox Grant Policy and Procedure are followed in terms of ensuring due diligence on prospective partners is undertaken to the standards required by donors, and work with desk managers to ensure a risk-based approach to managing partners is applied.
- Help build a culture of continual improvement by ensuring that knowledge and learning from projects is embedded in future ShelterBox response design.
- Keep within the charity’s aims and objectives, strategic plans and values.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.