Who are we?
ShelterBox is committed to working towards a future where no family goes without shelter, but we have our work cut out for us. In 2019, around 104 million people were displaced by conflict and natural disasters. Some projections suggest that this figure will grow to 200 million within 10 years.
ShelterBox is made up of people who believe in shelter as a human right – that shelter from the chaos of disaster and conflict is vital. No ifs. No buts. We're working to change this by providing emergency shelter.
We don’t believe that one size fits all. We work hard to understand the impact of each emergency and the need this creates within individual communities.
We deliver aid to the four corners of the earth, reaching people in need by standing on strong shoulders.
We are fortunate to have the help of an amazing network of global affiliates, partners like Rotary International, supporters worldwide, and an army of dedicated volunteers.
Our highly trained ShelterBox response teams then go the extra mile to find the people left most vulnerable after a disaster – to make sure that no one gets forgotten or left behind. Founded and based in the county of Cornwall, in only sixteen years ShelterBox has grown into a major force in international humanitarian aid.
Do you have the skills, personality and compassion to help us write our next chapter? This is an exciting time at ShelterBox as we grow our reach and the impact of our work. We are looking for people to help us expand, develop and excel. People with big hearts and big dreams.
We are impatient to see a world where no family is left without shelter. Are you?
ShelterBox is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
If you think you meet the requirements below and would like to join us please visit our website.
Salary £33,000 to £38,500 per annum (£38,000 to 44,000 inc. central London weighting)
Hours: Full time, fixed term contract until September 2022, 37.5 hours per week. Flexible hours considered.
Responsible to: Head of UK Giving and Supporter Engagement
Direct reports: 2x Individual Giving Officers, Book Club Co-ordinator
Location: ShelterBox HQ (Truro),ShelterBox London office, or home-working
Reporting to the Head of UK Giving and Supporter Engagement, the Individual Giving and Legacies Manager will support and develop the Individual Giving Team to deliver against ambitious income and awareness growth targets.
The Individual Giving and Legacies Manager is responsible for driving income from individual supporters across the UK (around £5M in 2021), growing the ShelterBox supporter base and maximising their lifetime value.
This role will be responsible for developing and implementing our long-term individual giving strategy, strategically directing all campaign activity and overseeing partner agency relationships to ensure the successful recruitment of new supporters as well as the development of long-term meaningful relationships with existing supporters.
Working with teams across the organisation, you will focus on key strategic projects including developing new products and propositions and ensuring all activity is insight focused.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a talented and motivated individual with an interest in international aid and significant experience in public fundraising, with a clear passion for inspiring supporters.
The successful candidate will be a personable, ambitious and self-motivated individual who is passionate about developing two-way relationships with our supporters. You should have a good eye for design and have experience of marketing tactics across traditional and digital channels.
This role will suit someone who is able to inspire and coordinate individuals and teams across the organisation as well as build relationships with external suppliers. You must also have excellent planning and communication skills as well as the ability to interpret numerical and statistical information to monitor performance.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Increasing unrestricted income for ShelterBox through our existing supporter base via a programme of warm appeals, engagement communications and legacies, and through the growth of our supporter base through a range of campaigns and channels.
- Developing a revised three-year strategic plan to achieve significant growth from individuals, incorporating the findings of our recent organisation wide strategic review.
- Recognising immediate opportunities for income generation and re-prioritising plans in order to maximise the opportunity.
- Continual analysis of campaign performances, implementing recommendations and pausing under-performing activity as soon as possible.
- Building strong relationships with external marketing agencies and managing creative direction to achieve maximum value and consistency across communications.
- Managing income and expenditure budgets in line with objectives and KPIs, working with Head of UK Giving and Supporter Engagement on forecasting income and expenditure.
- Developing and management of direct reports, ensuring IG team KPIs and objectives are delivered and supporting long-term strategic growth. Building and supporting a team for the future and identifying succession planning and facilitating talent management within the team.
- Testing and evaluation of new channels to reach target audiences, diversifying the fundraising mix, whilst maximising existing channels, with a particular focus on regular giving.
- Seeking out marketing opportunities for new legacy prospects and pledgers, and implementing these.
- Working collaboratively with the Communications and Digital teams to brief and guide content gathering to tie in with individual communication plans.
- Work closely with the Insight Team to develop and implement a supporter led insight strategy and develop reporting capabilities.
- Identifying key audiences and developing products and messages that achieve ‘cut through’ within a competitive marketplace.
- Working with the wider team to develop a cohesive donor journey which improves supporter retention and maximises lifetime value.
- Working closely with the Supporter Care team to achieve organisation wide excellence in supporter care and experience.
- Developing, managing and leading on major disaster appeal plans to maximise income generation and recruitment opportunities in wake of high profile events.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in the fundraising sector including innovation and best practice.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.