Grade: 2- Senior Management/Specialist
Hours: Full time, Permanent. Flexible working considered.
Responsible to: Head of Supply Chain
Direct Reports: Junior Buyer, Buyers
Location: Truro, Cornwall or remote with quarterly trips to Truro
Travel: Infrequent work away from home may be required of the role and will be predominately UK travel.
This exciting role offers an exceptional opportunity to build on the procurement work carried out to date and set up strong procurement foundations for the whole organisation following an organisational strategy review.
ShelterBox is committed to Net Zero carbon emissions by 2030 and the Procurement Manager will be pivotal in designing procurement processes and policy to support this ambitious goal.
The key purpose of this role is to lead the Procurement Team, drive smart procurement decisions, deliver procurement strategy and policy for the organisation, and to achieve the highest degree of ethical and sustainable purchasing and the best value for money across all indirect spend activities. The Procurement Manager is leader of the Procurement Team and will provide mentoring support for their team members. CIPS qualification is available to all Procurement Team members including the Procurement Manager.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for all indirect procurement activities across the organisation
- Senior decision maker for indirect procurement activity, working closely with the Head of Supply Chain
- Subject Matter Expert for indirect procurement, acting in a consultative capacity across the organisation as required
- Manage, coach and develop Procurement Team to meet personal and organisational objectives, deliver best results and support the team’s wellbeing
- Lead the creation and implementation of best practice procurement processes and procedures to support continuous improvement and optimisation including policies
- Lead, build and implement Indirect Procurement Strategy 2022+
- Responsible for identifying and managing relevant procurement risks within the organisation, working closely with the senior colleagues
- Regularly review and maintain appropriate procurement processes for the different buying categories ensuring compliance with ShelterBox’s processes
- Lead negotiation of rates and contracts with suppliers across the organisation
- Report on cost savings and avoidance, and risk management
- Lead on indirect supplier contract management across the organisations
- Responsible for identifying procurement improvement priorities by analysing forecast spend, supply markets and specification options
- Lead procurement projects such as procedure implementation, sustainability and software introduction
- Procurement training, upskilling and development across the organisation
- Work with different departments in the organisation to ensure compliance with the Procurement Policy/ies, reporting on non-compliance
- Drive ethical and sustainable procurement practice across all buying activity
- Provide support to organisational projects as required
- Ensure procurement administration is kept up to date and appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality for all internal matters, and commercial confidentiality for matters pertaining to suppliers
- Represent ShelterBox as required
- Any other duties as required which are deemed appropriate to the level and grade of the post
Please not that Interviews will be held on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close the advert at any time
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.