Award-winning social innovation charity would love to meet…
An experienced and highly organised Finance Assistant / Bookkeeper with a keen eye for detail and great communication skills.
Shift’s new Finance Assistant / Bookkeeper will provide the day-to-day bookkeeping function across three companies and work to support our Finance Manager.
Part time basis, 2-3 days a week (or equivelent hours over 3-5 days).
- Processing supplier invoices and payments, including overseas payments
- Customer invoicing and credit control
- Setting up weekly payment run
- Managing and reconciling petty cash and credit card
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Filing and maintaining all financial records in an organised system
- Supporting the Finance Manager in the preparation of periodic company accounts
- Supporting the Finance Manager with HR admin by managing leave and sickness records as well as relevant HR files
- Supporting the Finance Manager with other ad hoc tasks when required, such as collating information for budgets and project overviews
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to set deadlines
- A friendly attitude, with excellent communication skills and the ability to efficiently communicate with colleagues at all levels
- The ability to take charge of and manage the bookkeeping workload and deadlines without needing close supervision
- Flexibility, with a willingness to perform routine tasks as well as supporting ad-hoc projects
Your experience and knowledge
- Accurate data entry skills with excellent attention to detail
- Experience of providing bookkeeping support, as a Bookkeeper or in an assistant/junior role
- Bookkeeping or junior accountancy training (AAT Bookkeeping certificate/Level 2 Diploma, IAB) or work-experience to an equivalent level
- Working knowledge of Sage financial software
- Good Microsoft Excel skills, ideally to intermediate level
- Working understanding of the basic finance function of a company
- Understanding of basic VAT rules
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality when handling financial and HR data
- Understanding of cost accounting
- Experience of charity accounts
- Experience with intra-group bookkeeping and charging
- Experience of collating data for reports to funders
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.